International Operations Project Lead at Sling TV
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $14 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television. Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a passionate, energetic and flexible individual to join our International Programming Business Unit as an Operations Project Lead. The DISH International Business team is responsible for the strategy, content acquisition, business development and marketing for international networks and TV content across both the DISH and Sling platforms. For more than 15 years, DISH has been the pioneer in International Content for U.S. ethnic markets including Hindi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, Brazilian, Polish, Mandarin, Cantonese, and many others.
The Operations Project Lead will be responsible for managing the implementation of the International team’s various projects and business initiatives. This would require working with different business groups internally and externally to define business requirements, develop the scope of work, coordinate a timely completion of the project development and implementation, as well as to provide analysis and justify prioritizing all initiatives.
A successful candidate should be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative, building relationships with key stakeholders from different levels within the organization, and working to find creative solutions as needed.
- Lead the planning of all new projects, gather and define project scope including business requirements, and develop the project plan and the project schedule
- Work with stakeholders to identify the proper project teams and structure
- Work with other teams internally and externally to monitor project progress by employing appropriate metrics and management reporting
- Coordinate and participate in regular prioritization and progress feedback sessions with the business
- Cultivate strong cross-functional relationships in order to successfully promote the International business initiatives
- QA and beta test projects to assure the correct execution of the projects
- Design, evaluate and consistently suggest improvements to the existing business processes and solutions #LI-CD1
Skills - Experience and Requirements
Skills, Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year university, as well as at least
- 3-5 years of project management experience required, including experience managing large-scale, cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Experience with e-commerce, in-app technology, or TV and media preferred but not required
- Abiliy to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a high capacity to multi-task and to handle tight deadlines on a daily basis
- Strong verbal and written English communications skills; must be able to clearly and effectively communicate complex concepts to a large and varying audience
- Ability to influence and collaborate across various functional groups including sales, marketing, finance, programming, and legal.
- Attention to details and the ability to work with numbers and financial data
- An interest in international cultures and business is preferred