Innovation Technical Project Manager at Uplight
Innovation Technical Project Manager
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Innovation Technical Project Manager (TPM) to join our Step Change Labs team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
What you get to do:
As an Innovation TPM, you will be the main face of Uplight to our clients during active implementations and will be responsible for project management and delivery of our innovative new projects.
To be successful, you’ll need to collaborate with both internal and external resources, including utility program staff and Uplight Product, Engineering, and Marketing people. The right candidate needs to be adept and effective at cross-functional communication and coordination. Overall, we're looking for a TPM that will focus on managing our innovation projects in partnership with our utility clients and ecosystem partners. This person will be both in charge of client/partner communication and internal project management surrounding innovative product development.
Key Jobs to be Done:
- Partner with Product Management to actively manage execution of incubation projects. Effectively communicate program status and health of the project both internally and externally.
- Monitor questions and develop upstream solutions to recurring problems.
- Manage agile sprint process and ensure execution against roadmap.
- Manage against deliverables in SOWs and achieve customer acceptance.
- Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
Documentation and Process Improvement
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures and documentation for launches, such as checklists, epics, onboarding documentation, and other templates to be more efficient in future launches.
- Ensure new features are completed as intended and free from significant bugs before being delivered to the client.
- Test new development and generally own user acceptance of new features.
- Usher new features through the entire development cycle and drive their success.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Strong alignment and passion for the Uplight values and mission.
- 2 to 5 years of technical project management or enterprise software support.
- Patient, communicative, team player that is detail-oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience working with external customers to define and implement complex solutions and/or address complex technical/process challenges.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, tenacity, and fortitude.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple short and long-term projects of varying scopes with customers across the country.
- Curiosity about and commitment to technology, energy efficiency, and your potential.
- Vigorous written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences both in person and over the phone.
- Experience maintaining a positive relationship with clients and colleagues.
- Exposure to and understanding of Agile and other technical project management methodologies.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 400+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Focus on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and…. we love to laugh!
In addition, we:
- Provide a 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to Peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan (change if commission role)
- Innovated flexible time off
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink (when our offices reopen)
Salary Range: $70,000-89,000 (dependent on experience)
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.