Inbound Logistics Specialist at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Essential Responsible Areas:
1. Monitor and help execute effective deliveries of coils to Ball Plants and Warehouses
2. Works with Ball's North American plants to ensure that inbound delivery requirements are addressed.
3. Implement the start up and go live of new warehouses and onboard new carriers
4. Addresses issues with drayage and OTR carriers
5. Works with Ball's Sourcing team to collaborate on day to day and near term coil deliveries into warehouses.
6. Monitor inventory levels of coils and drive cost improvement initiatives
7. Responsible for analyzing the logistics network to find optimal solutions balancing cost and service.
8. Collaborate with Green Worldwide and drive supplier compliance to improve inventory monitoring processes
9. Review supplier performances and ensure all aspects of the supply chain are operating efficiently and effectively
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 to 5 year(s) minimum (or educational equivalent)
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: APICS preferred
- Comprehensive job related experience in logistics for 3-5 years minimum or educational equivalent
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: Ball's internal manufacturing and logistics systems and procedures, manufacturing and logistics systems, business practices, customer and manufacturing needs and expectations.
- Proficient with IT systems and solutions such as: ERPs (i.e. Oracle, JDE) and productivity software (i.e. Excel, Word, and Power Point).
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 53,500 - 79,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans