Health Insurance Renewals & Onboarding Associate at Gusto
The Customer Onboarding team is passionate about using innovative technology and service to elevate the health benefits experience of small business owners and their employees. Each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every day. As a core member of Health Insurance New & Renewed team, you’ll be responsible for setting up customers with their health benefits while providing a delightful experience. You’ll put their minds at ease by guiding them through a complex process, providing timely information, and keeping all the moving parts running smoothly.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Manage benefit operations (submit health insurance benefits through forms and carrier portals)
- Work through queues of requests in Salesforce
- Help to scale our growing health benefits operations and improve our processes - find pain points and seek better ways for us to tackle our work
- Collaborate with team members on special projects to increase efficiency
- Understand customer pain points and partner with cross-functional teams to simplify and automate existing processes
- Provide expertise in healthcare and benefits enrollment
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 0-1 years work experience - bonus points for exposure to healthcare, finance, or a start-up environment
- Familiar with data entry and external company contact interaction
- Skills in problem solving, dealing with ambiguity, cross-team communication, and a passion for operations to ultimate improve people’s lives
- Excel in a metrics-based operational position where numbers matter and data drives new projects and ideas
- Self-motivated and comfortable working collaboratively and autonomously: you are excited about striving toward team and individual metrics
- Passionate about developing efficient processes and driving results
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (not required)
- Healthcare, health insurance, or employee benefits experience
- Experience with Salesforce
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.