EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT / OFFICE OF CEO - COS Office at FoodMaven
FoodMaven is a more sustainable and enlightened way to source food through an innovative online marketplace. We create new pathways for food normally lost in the system with rapid logistics that bring agility and flexibility to the U.S. food system. We supply high-quality local, oversupplied and imperfect food to restaurants, institutions and hunger-relief organizations. FoodMaven ensures all food gets used with good purpose by positively transforming the U.S. food system. In short, FoodMaven is … Good for profits. Good for people. Good for the planet.
The role of Executive Assistant - Office of CEO reports directly to the Chief of Staff of the CEO of FoodMaven. This position works closely with and at the direction of the Chief of Staff. The primary “customer” of this position is the CEO. As such, the main job of the Executive Assistant is to provide administrative support to the CEO. And in the case of FoodMaven, the CEO is heavily externally focused. In this role, the CEO is very active as an industry thought leader, and evangelist for the cause of FoodMaven, as a frequent speaker, writer, and many other content outlets. The CEO’s time is in high demand both internally and externally.
The CEO is also active with investors and board members, and the current board and investor group is a high profile and powerful group. Plus, the CEO is a rainmaker and “chief closing officer” with the strategic partners of FoodMaven. Finally, the CEO provides strategic leadership with a very experienced and powerful executive team. The Executive Assistant works in coordination with the Chief of Staff for this broader leadership team, as well as providing assistance with special projects both specific to the work of the CEO, but also as assigned by the CEO with others in the business. In summary, this position works with the Chief of Staff to help leverage the CEO’s time and effectiveness in his leadership role of FoodMaven.
FoodMaven is seeking a highly organized Executive Assistant with excellent administrative skills as well as broader business capabilities that can thrive in a fast-paced, intense, and high-stakes work environment. This position requires discretion, great interpersonal skills, and a work style that is extremely detail oriented to effectively coordinate all that is required to support the CEO. This is a position for an individual who sees this job as a long-term opportunity to be part of a dynamic and mission driven company. In other words, this isn’t an entry level position that leads to another job. This is a position for a proven, talented and committed individual who recognizes this position as a highly sought after career destination.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support of CEO:
- Must adhere to the most strict confidentiality given the sensitive nature of information that passes through the CEO’s office.
- Work closely with the CEO, keeping CEO well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Act as the face of the office of CEO, providing appropriate coordination and gatekeeping.
- Assist CEO in managing communications, both external and internal, across all channels of communications (phone, email, voicemail, vidicon, social media, etc)
- Attend high level meetings, keeping sensitive information confidential, taking detailed notes for CEO’s reference, and ensuring meetings run smoothly.
- Assist in coordinating all follow up and task items post meetings.
- Help the CEO maintain and balance a multitude of priorities by using good judgement
- Maintain the CEO’s active schedule daily by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel.
- Help coordinate meetings, phone/conference calls with the utmost attention to detail.
- Act as the gatekeeper to the CEO’s schedule, ensuring that the schedule is followed and respected.
- Be one step ahead of the CEO every day.
- Executive Team Coordination
- Work with Chief of Staff to provide support to the CEO in his leadership role of the executive team.
- Apply finesse and appropriate discretion in following up with executive team members on behalf and at the direction of the Chief of Staff and CEO. At times, will need to “speak for the Chief of Staff and CEO” with executive team members without overstepping boundaries.
- Coordinate Executive Team meetings and interactions as appropriate.
- Assist other Executive Team members as appropriate and at the direction of the Chief of Staff.
- As directed by Chief of Staff, follow up on Executive Team members deliverables.
- Assist the Chief of Staff and CEO in managing the “white space” on the organization chart.
- Special projects
- Ongoing, Chief of Staff and or CEO may engage Executive Assistant to conduct special projects that don’t otherwise have a home in the organization.
- Conduct research projects, business analysis, and direct special projects on behalf of CEO
- Administrative and General:
- Use strong organizational skills; perform and prioritize multiple tasks executing with excellent attention to detail. Prioritize conflicting needs. Adapt to competing demands.
- Maintain daily office functions to ensure office runs smoothly, including assistance with IT systems as appropriate.
- Be willing to jump in and help with broader company needs as available and appropriate.
- Take initiative and perform tasks using independent judgment and discretion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must have excellent attention to detail, administrative skills, and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve complex problems and issues
- Business understanding, including research and analytical skills
- Strong tech skills, including experience using Apple products, Microsoft Office, Keynote and Pages.
- Strong people skills
- Minimum of 5 years EA experience
- Past experience in similar role with a comparable Senior Executive
- 10 or more years of experience as EA to high profile CEO or investor backed, prominent company.
- 10 or more years of business experience preferred
- Startup Experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent