Engineering Program Manager 9/8/2021
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We’re working to reimagine and actively modernize recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates and economically recover recyclables reclaimed as raw materials for the global supply chain. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post named AMP one of the 2021 Top Workplaces in Colorado. We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is seeking a driven and proactive Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to join its growing team in Louisville, Colorado. The ideal candidate will have technical program management experience across multiple engineering disciplines, including mechanical, electrical, firmware, and software engineering, as well as exposure to the cross-functional departments with whom you will partner to realize a new product, including product management, sales, manufacturing, operations, supply chain, and quality teams.
As an EPM at AMP Robotics, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead one or more multi-disciplinary engineering project teams developing products and technologies in pursuit of AMP’s vision for a world without waste
- Develop, manage, and communicate project schedules, budgets, goals, and deliverables to the project teams and cross-functional stakeholders
- Execute project plans while closely monitoring performance metrics
- Collaborate with the Engineering leadership team to troubleshoot project issues, assess allocation of resources, and continually mitigate risk as projects unfold
- Exercise swift and sound judgement to make critical project changes as required, while assessing risks and controlling scope
- Host and drive a variety of meetings, including internal engineering team meetings, interdepartmental program alignment meetings, phase gate review, and external vendor discussions
- Motivate and empower your team to meet stated goals and deliverables on schedule, while recognizing and rewarding success on the team
- Accelerate the pace of product development and new product introductions by leveraging and implementing project management best practices
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years of demonstrated success leading cross-functional engineering programs in a Technical or Engineering Program/Project Management role in which you were responsible for the program budget, schedule, and scope
- Experience synthesizing project inputs from wide range of engineering disciplines: Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware/Embedded Systems, Software, and Robotics are preferred
- A track-record of launching 2+ products or sub-systems from concept to completion by leveraging project management best practices, methodologies, and tools
- Strong written communication and public speaking skills, which you exercise to lead team meetings and engage with stakeholders at all levels of the company
- The ability diplomatically solve complex challenges with a positive attitude, as well as sound judgement of when to escalate issues to leadership
- An understanding of product development principles gained through professional experience, including familiarity with the product development processes for different engineering disciplines and how they interact
- Experience leading projects involving robotics, artificial intelligence, or computer vision
- A degree in a relevant engineering field, or related degree/work experience
- Experience successfully planning scope, schedule and budgets for multiple product development projects and executing within those parameters
- Proficiency in authoring technical requirements documents
- Experience managing and analyzing large datasets in excel or google sheets, as well as an ability to distill quantifiable and subjective data points from many stakeholders into succinct decision matrices
- A knack for gracefully managing shifting priorities and a comfort with delegation in order to leverage your finite bandwidth
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- This role will be based in our Louisville, CO and Broomfield, CO offices and may work from home depending on the assigned project requirements.
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & Compensation Information: $103,000 - $127,000 salary depending on experience
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).