Engineering Coordinator at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Key coordinator of suppliers of goods & services that are required for Global Capital Projects, Wellness Events, and other Initiatives. Coordinates the delivery of components and services that support BPNCA project timelines. Collaborates with suppliers to mitigate any issues with quotes, specifications, drawing approvals, purchase orders, deliveries, and invoices.
What will you be responsible for?
- Works on completing information (specification and requirements) for sourcing Purchase Orders and bid specifications.
- Understanding Program Manager, Engineer, SME requirements & project critical path.
- Generating Purchase Order requisitions.
- Ensuring equipment specifications are submitted with Purchase Order requisitions.
- Develops efficiency improvements in current Purchase Order process-steps.
- Identifies areas of risk that can be mitigated with process improvements.
- Collects data that supports future investment into Program Manager technology.
- Manages supplier delivery timing to project / event requirements.
- Communicating (Pro-Actively) with suppliers to maintain project plan.
- Developing countermeasures with suppliers when unexpected changes occur.
- Communicating (Pro-Actively) with plants to prepare / inventory receipts from suppliers.
- Communicating supplier status and countermeasures to Program Management and Global Engineering.
- Collaborating with finance to ensure proper Cash management.
- Forecasting expense & cash spending related to supplier requirements.
- Monitoring open purchase orders.
- Highlighting potential risks.
- Identifying anomalies in project spending and researching root cause to anomalies.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education
- Job related experience for 1 year(s) minimum
- Communicates openly and comfortable speaking to suppliers, leaders, program managers, engineers, and SMEs.
- Proficient with systems / computer skills (word, excel, powerpoint, MRP systems, JDE enterprise).
- Preferred: Experience in purchasing / sourcing.
- Preferred: Experience with / understanding of High Speed beverage packaging processes and equipment.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: metal container and closure manufacturing principles, special practices, nomenclature, and procedures; generally accepted managerial practices and procedures; and production management, manufacturing engineering, machinery preventative maintenance, and production cost control principles.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 53,500 - 79,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans