Early Childhood Program Director at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for an Early Childhood Program Director to launch an early childhood education center, The Beehive, designed to serve its team members’ children.
In 2021, Guild is launching an on-site early childhood education center to serve its employees. Guild is thinking differently about childcare and preschool for our employees, aligning them to our mission and reflecting the needs and differences of our Guild employee population. Guild aims to ensure that its employees feel empowered to have audacious goals for both their career and their family life. That necessitates the tools and resources to help Guilders more successfully integrate work and family, in addition to creating a caring environment in which employees’ children thrive.
There are many elements of our approach that we will look to our early childhood leadership team to co-define with us. Here are some of the things that we know today:
- Guild is planning to support our employees’ children including infant, toddler and preschool aged kids.
- Program and philosophy will be play-based in nature
- Guild has built dedicated space on the 3rd floor of Republic Plaza’s annex building - located adjacent to Guild’s office spaces (note that this is in the heart of downtown Denver).
- We intend for our program to meet not just the bar for licensing, but to exceed higher-quality standards and practices in facility design, teacher ratios, and operations.
- Square footage at launch: 12,733 indoors, inclusive of 6 classrooms (likely 2 infant, 2 toddler, 2 preschool/pre-k), and 1,290 outdoors on a private patio with direct access from the center.
- Expected number of licensed slots: 86 to launch, with a future expansion to additional space which would double capacity.
Over time, as Guild’s employee base grows, Guild intends to grow its early childhood program and seeks a leader that would be eager to grow the footprint of the program in partnership with us.
As the Early Childhood Program Director you will:
- Oversee all aspects of the center on a day-to-day basis in tandem with the Executive Director.
- Define and implement a play-based general educational curriculum; collaborate with staff to develop positive learning activities; manage adherence to state and local regulations.
- Develop operational procedures that exceed licensing standards and meet a high bar for quality and ensure high-fidelity implementation of those procedures.
- Support and develop a team of up to 20 teachers and staff.
- Implement and maintain program management software.
- Develop and maintain robust relationships with families of enrolled children.
- Explore uncharted territory and collaborate with leadership to think in a new and different way about employer-based child care.
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Deep experience in operating early childhood centers in Colorado and have ideally launched a new location for an early childhood program.
- Must have Colorado large child center director certification
- A passion for sweating the small stuff and building and executing systems to ensure that each element of the program runs in accordance with the plan.
- Enthusiasm to hire, support, and manage a team of teachers and support staff to enable a high-quality child and family experience every day.
- Eagerness to take action, with an innovative can-do mindset and a comfort with ambiguity.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience and eagerness to work in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.