Digital Optimization Program Manager
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. People know us best for the PopGrip, a collapsible grip and stand that provides a secure, one-handed way to hold any mobile device. But we're always hard at work inventing new, expressive, extremely fun products that serve a functional need and help do some good in the world. From PopWallet and PopMounts, to PopPower chargers and an expanding line of beauty products, we're tireless in our pursuit of the company's mission to create empowering, customizable, magical products for our customers to enjoy.
The Digital Optimization Manager will support innovation and ecommerce growth through the definition, design, and execution of a digital optimization strategy that maximizes revenue, improves customer experience and enhances brand value for all PopSockets properties. You will need to demonstrate your strategic and critical thinking skills, detail orientation, project management abilities, multi-tasking skills, and your ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment. As our Digital Optimization Manager, you will own the Optimization roadmap and specific revenue targets that roadmap needs to achieve across several digital properties. You will operate in a “customer first” model to ensure we are continuously improving the customer journey at every digital point of connection to the customer.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Track, analyze, and communicate customer, campaign, website, mobile and sales behavior.
- Conduct a/b/n, multivariate, and algorithmic testing, and report results in a clear and compelling manner.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of business issues and operate using independent judgement with little oversight.
- Provide actionable recommendations to influence business plans affecting all new and existing site and app features and functionality.
- Use a broad range of existing customer data to identify and evaluate opportunities for targeting and personalization.
- Lead user adoption of analytics and data-driven testing, prioritization, and test design.
- Identify likely reasons for anomalies; support data and testing governance efforts.
- Contribute to an ongoing stream of analysis/hypothesis based ideas for testing.
- Responsible for feature/requirement definition, use cases and user stories, delivery management and ongoing quality management for projects resulting from optimization hypothesis.
- Closely collaborates with User Experience professionals on user interface specifications supporting the optimization requirements.
- Conducts idea generation, gap identification, feature prioritization, and feature definition for the web optimization platform.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Strong level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Awareness of testing concepts and practices (e.g. sample sizes, full factorial versus non-representative test periods).
- General understanding of ecommerce (familiarity with online product merchandising and product and event promotion processes preferred).
- Proven leader with successful experience working cross-divisionally to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Self-starter who thrives on autonomy while demonstrating a collaborative spirit.
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and hands-on.
- Experience presenting to wide ranging audiences, including internal stakeholders and trainings.
- Strong creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Deep knowledge and passion in the digital-space.
- Expert skill level with Google-suite
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
- 8-12 years of experience with web-based analytical tools (Google Analytics preferred).
- 5-7 years of experience using a robust testing platform across eCommerce sites (Google Optimize/Optimizely/Monetate preferred).
- 3-5 years of experience with data extraction and manipulation (e.g. SQL).
- 3-5 years with visualization programs (Looker/DOMO preferred).
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.