Contractor - Software Project Manager
The Software Project Manager oversees the planning and execution of global strategic initiatives, programs, and projects for GHX. Critical to the role is effectively managing relationships and exceeding stakeholder expectations. Must possess the ability to coordinate multiple project work streams to achieve customer deliverables. Serves as mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of initiatives.
The Software Project Manager is accountable for the success of all projects within their scope. Working with key stakeholders, they contribute to the execution of all component projects to deliver intended business outcomes, ideally on time, on budget and within scope according to set business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of these projects, the Software Project Manager is responsible for tracking and reporting on progress towards key business goals, including the management of change, mitigation of risk and resolution of issues.
The successful candidate will have the curiosity, acumen, initiative and thoroughness to support multiple projects, the professionalism to effectively collaborate with, and influence, multiple stakeholders as well as the creativity and tenacity to drive activities to completion. They will be expected to uncover and document interdependencies across all teams and bring together independent execution plans in a single, sequenced view. They are detail-oriented forward thinkers who are familiar with all stages of project management and are adept at working with teams of diverse stakeholders. Strong presentation development skills, business communication and creative skills are also crucial for this Project Manager.
Key duties and responsibilities:
· Assess and work to resolve all high priority project risks and issues as they are encountered, escalate to the leadership team when required
· Define, maintain and track project plans
· Manage and drive all aspects of the project life cycle, and work with team members to oversee all phases through project completion
· Facilitate all checkpoint activities throughout the project lifecycle
· Manage scope to ensure agreed time, cost, and quality parameters are met
· Provide continuous reporting and communication of project status to project stakeholders and sponsors
· Solid working knowledge of project management and agile principles
· Strong familiarity with business communication and presentation development
· Knowledge and expertise in the use of agile project management and SDLC methodologies
· Knowledge in the area of Product Lifecycle Management
· Strong strategic thinker with the ability to see beyond the smaller details and focus on the business outcomes
· Ability and drive to learn and understand the complex technical concepts, value proposition and scope of each project
· High level of innate curiosity about business programs and a high desire to learn/develop themselves
· Strong leadership, collaborative, teamwork, and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate with all levels of project stakeholders
· Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
· Ability to influence, motivate, and mobilize teams
· Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, and unpredictability
· Excellent task management and organization skills.
· Ability to anticipate risks and devise viable solutions in the moment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skill
· Strong presentation skills
· Sound business and technology acumen
· Proficient with Agile and standard Project Management tools (Atlassian, Jira)
· Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
· 3 to 5 years’ proven Software Project Management experience
· Bachelor's degree or related experience
· Up to 10% travel in North America and to Europe may be required
· Ability to shift working hours on a regular basis based on the needs of the project and as directed by Manager (7:00 AM MT start)
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.