Continuous Improvement Manager at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Develops, trains, and monitors methodologies that improve the cost, quality, productivity, and other critical operational measurements and manages projects and project teams that discover and implement solutions to achieve those objectives. Works directly with personnel at all levels of the organization to support accomplishment of the organization’s goals.
What will you be responsible for?
- Learning and developing new methodologies that improve the success rates of improvement activities in accomplishing the goals of the organization.
- Trains personnel in the continuous improvement program at the various skill levels.
- Attends gate review meetings for projects to monitor adherence to continuous improvement program.
- Develops and maintains ongoing tracking of continuous improvement activities in the organization to determine financial impact of improvement activities.
- Participates in and/or leads improvement activities, such as Kaizen events and projects with employees, customers, vendors, and suppliers.
- Ensures appropriate follow-up to improvement activities for continued optimal performance.
- Prepares reports for internal and external customers as required.
- Identifies and incorporates improvement opportunities into the continuous improvement program.
- Communication updates to Global Beverage and Regions on activities and recommendations.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Lead key project efforts and provide coaching to other project leaders on process design, change management and the Six Sigma DMAIC/DMADV methodology in support of the creation, improvement, and management of end-to-end Operations and Engineering processes.
- Guide project leads through the DMAIC stages and associated activities, and provide coaching on parallel change management activities in support of the project.
- Primarily involved in the Define, Measure, and Analyze phases.
- May or may not be involved project implementation (depending on the project scope), but may occasionally facilitate segments of a project or be responsible for some project deliverables.
- Facilitate skill development and build process expertise within the Global Beverage Operations & Engineering organization.
- Provide DMAIC guidance and direction with a primary focus on DMAIC knowledge transfer.
- Help groups think from a process focused perspective.
- Provide practical help, not just theory.
- Provide training and facilitation support on specific DMAIC and process improvement techniques and tools.
- Coaches Global Beverage Operations and Engineering on Lean process improvement tools and methods and in the development of a Lean culture.
- Coach team leaders and members before, during and post event to meet role expectations.
- Help groups think from a process-focused perspective.
- Assists in planning and evaluation of training programs and materials and curricula development.
- Participates in workshops, provides documentation support for events, and teaches workshop or training modules (as appropriate).
- Collaborates in a multidisciplinary team environment to produce positive outcomes.
- Works with other Lean resources and key operational and engineering leaders in support of strategic improvement activities as they translate into the value stream and functional areas.
- Ad hoc projects as well as other assignments following the need of company,
- And in relation to the above all jobs that the Employer assigned to him, as well as all the jobs that are specifically agreed in writing form.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, manufacturing, quality or general business.
- Master Degree Preferred
- Job related experience for 5 years minimum at a manufacturing environment at the plant level
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: Black Belt certification
Working knowledge of the following areas: business principles, legal practices, customer needs and expectations, lean methodology and Six Sigma quality, Kaizen activities, Value Stream Mapping, quality standards; generally accepted managerial practices and procedures; problem solving; company procedures, and products.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $86,500 - $132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, click here for more info https://www.ball.com/us_benefits
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans