Consultant I at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Vertafore Professional Services Organization is looking for dynamic and passionate people to join our team! As a new Implementation Consultant, you will develop market leading skills that will launch your career growth aligned with your professional aspirations.
Vertafore is seeking a Consultant for our Professional Services organization to consult and implement Vertafore's products to enterprise and strategic customers. This includes project planning, educating customers, collaborating on key decisions to drive best practices, business solutions and product adoption, solving business challenges and gaps.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, a quick study, results-driven, a self-starter, with a strong collaborative nature, a proven track record as a Consultant who exudes a creative and positive can-do attitude. Your work will be impactful and highly valued by our customers and Vertafore
Core requirements and responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Be a subject matter expert with our products, methodology, and P&C business operations
· Be part of project teams implementing Vertafore products and delivering Professional Services
· Manage multiple consulting engagements concurrently
· Conduct presentations and educational sessions
· Deliver in-person consultative sessions with customers
· Analyze business operations and methodology to develop best practices
· Recommend solutions for customer pain points, gaps, needs, goals
· Conduct user acceptance testing with customer
· Perform operational assessment post-implementation to drive product adoption, improve business operations, refine best practices, identify new consultative opportunities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong knowledge of P&C insurance business practices and independent insurance agency markets
· Strong knowledge of insurance accounting practices
· Broad knowledge of agency management systems and other business applications, content management solutions
· Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to effectively engage and influence at all levels, and ability to effectively handle crucial conversations and manage conflict resolution
· Ability to effectively prioritize workload and tasks to meet deadlines
· Excellent presentation and communications skills, both written and verbal
· Outstanding time management skills
· Ability to be creative and innovative
· Ability to effectively problem solve, react to situations decisively and effectively
· Flexible, easily adaptable to change
· 3+ years of experience working as a Consultant in the P&C insurance or software industry
· Prior insurance industry experience and knowledge preferred
· You aspire to be a dedicated contributor for providing technical support to teams and outstanding support to customers
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required 50-80% of the time.
· Located and working from an office location.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.