Channel Partner Manager - SLED
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
As a SLED Channel Partner Manager you will focus on current and prospective Channel Partners in a specific area (Central USA) and develop strategies to increase NetApp's Products and Professional Services sales through those defined Partners. The partners are critical, large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts to the sales organization. The role requires strong communication and collaboration skills combined with a sense of urgency to drive revenue generation for the assigned Region and Area. The ideal candidate should be based out of the Denver / Boulder (CO) area. Candidates based in Chicago (IL), Dallas (TX), Houston (TX) or Austin (TX) will also be considered.
- Focus on maintaining and deepening relationships with Channel Partner accounts to create increased sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a sales strategy and business plan for account. Use the business plan as a roadmap for a 'Go to Market' and program development, including sales goals.
- Communicate the strategy to other sales managers.
- SLED Contract vehicle management.
- Work closely with district sales and regional sales management on development and execution of a sales strategy; adhere to available resources and district sales objectives; build team-to-team engagement.
- Develop channel sales forecasts for assigned SLED districts.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets.
- Be seen and treated by Channel partners as a trusted and valued resource to them.
- Collaborate with the field marketing organization to plan, deliver and manage an effective communication and demand generation campaign for each partner across the region.
- Work with marketing to access current sales tools and drive the creation of new solutions.
- Work with peers across NetApp commercial channel team, field and marketing organizations to assure that best practices are utilized to drive effective partner campaigns.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, presentation, customer service, business and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel within assigned region, working closely with Districts Managers, Sales Representatives, NetApp commercial CDMs, and channel partners.
- A strong understanding of the sales process and Channel Sales.
- High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
- A thorough understanding of go-to-market strategies including account segmentation, products, cloud, marketing strategies, etc.
- Broad exposure to a variety of technologies/concepts in a distributed environment. Including FlexPod, HCI, and hybrid cloud.
Management and Interaction:
- This individual uses their management and technical skills to develop, modify and execute company policies that affect operations and may have a company-wide effect.
- The scope of responsibility for this person includes implementing strategic policies and establishing and adhering to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- This individual manages the coordination of activities of a section or department for a specific geographic region or area, with full responsibility for oversight in terms of costs, methods and staffing.
- May act as an advisor or subject matter expert.
- Sets revenue targets and ensures targets are met.
- This individual must effectively work with, and influences senior managers through executive level employees, functional peers and/or major customers.
- The interactions of this individual require strong people skills, such as negotiating with customers or management, or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters on an organizational level.
- Acts in a leadership role within the function and across functions.
- Receives Senior Management review of objectives to determine success
- 8 to 12 years of experience is preferred, with a proven track record of channel selling to SLED customers.
- Past experience successfully selling Storage Management Solutions with Channel Partners
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree; or related field is preferred.
- Experience which demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell NetApp products and services is required.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.