VP, Product Management at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Vertafore is hiring a VP Product Management responsible for leading our Agency Go-to-Market efforts. We are looking for a proven product leader, experienced in product marketing and driving the launch/growth of SaaS software solutions to both SMB and Enterprise segments. The role crosses Vertafore, as the leader drives performance across multiple product teams and across multiple GTM organizations (Sales, Service, Success, Support).
We are looking for a go-getter who loves being with customers, communicating a vision, and enabling our sales and service teams. Someone who gets things done, despite the obstacles, and inspires the organization to do the same. The ideal candidate will have led a product management or product marketing team in an enterprise software environment, ideally as a GM with P&L experience. This individual will be a business builder, able to define and shape the value proposition, GTM plans and solution delivery for the business. The successful candidate will therefore demonstrate the overall business leadership, strategic vision, and process know-how to lead the delivery of market-leading solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
In this role, the ideal candidate will:
· Establish product messaging and go-to-market strategies for multiple Vertafore products focused on the agency segment
· Collaborate closely with customers, sales, marketing, services, and support to drive revenue growth of Vertafore solutions.
· Evangelize Vertafore solutions in strategic forums, industry events, and customer-facing communications.
· Manages the business with strong financial metrics that are clearly articulated to the team and then holds the team accountable to these metrics.
· Influence and drive commitment for the go-to-market and portfolio strategy at all levels of the organization, including the board of directors.
· Identify partnerships and potential acquisitions Vertafore should pursue.
Previous experience as a general manager, product management, or product marketing leader and shown significant growth for an enterprise software company
· Passion for customer interaction and product evangelism
· Strong public speaking, writing, blogging experience
· Built and executed both successful and unsuccessful business plans
· Proven experience delivering new products to market in a high paced environment
· Passion for emerging technologies and how they can deliver breakthrough solutions to customer problems
· Insurance industry knowledge and experience a strong plus, but not required
Education: Bachelor degree in technical discipline, with MBA preferred
Travel required up to 25% of the time.
· Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
· Located and working from an office location (when required)*
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.