Wowza Media Systems, the global leader in live video streaming technology, is looking for an individual to join a fast growing SaaS and software company that is at the center of video streaming industry. You will be working on the front edge of innovation with companies like NBC Universal, Harvard University, SpaceX, NASA, Facebook, and the International Olympics Committee. We have been in business since 2005, won numerous industry awards, and have products deployed in more than 170 countries. As a result, we are growing rapidly and building out our teams, services, and infrastructure.
What you would be doing:
We are looking for a Technical Writer to plan and create content for video broadcasters and streaming professionals who are new to Wowza products and/or streaming media as well as for experienced Wowza platform developers. You'll set up and use hardware and software from Wowza and third parties to plan, write, and curate various types of technical content, including online help, support articles, UI text, and API docs. You'll work closely with Wowza Project Management, Engineering, Support, Marketing, and Infrastructure teams, as well as Wowza partners and customers, to define and implement content strategies.
You'll report to the Documentation Manager as a member of the Technical Documentation team. You'll partner with a cross-functional and geographically-dispersed team of experienced software professionals who are focused on creating, improving, and driving adoption of Wowza streaming media products. This role requires you to move nimbly between projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple assignments of varying complexity.
You must be passionate about streaming and helping customers to be successful. As a customer advocate, you'll play a vital role in helping customers be successful in implementing their streaming broadcasts. This role has a large impact on Wowza's ability to satisfy its customers and drive revenue.
Experience we’d like you to have:
• Creating technical documentation for commercially released hardware and/or software products.
• Familiarity with adaptive-bitrate streaming and how Wowza and other CDNs and service providers, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Facebook, deliver live streams over the Internet
• The ability to read and understand code; experience writing code examples a plus.
• Producing REST API and SDK documentation.
• Working with content management systems.
• The ability to leverage social communities and analytics to focus content-development efforts.
• Using technical writing style guidelines and SEO best practices to help raise content usability, discoverability, and quality.
• Working in iterative software development cycles that use Agile methodologies and processes.
• Strong cross-group collaboration skills, with the ability to incorporate business and technical requirements and feedback from multiple groups of people into documentation.
• Bachelor's degree in Technical Communication, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience.
The ideal candidate will work in our Golden, CO, office, but we will also consider applications from candidates who can fill the position remotely.
Please submit up to three recent writing samples with your application.
What we love about working at Wowza:
- Million dollar views of the Rocky Mountains, the Denver metro area, and live buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including health, dental, life and disability insurance, PTO and 401K match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, Harvard University and Amazon
- Yoga classes and gym discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
This is a great opportunity to build an exciting and rewarding career with an innovative, successful emerging technology company that is passionate about its customers and has a track record of delivering results.