Product Manager, Customer Experience Platform
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is responsible for the full product cycle from strategy to execution, and iteration to experimentation. The team uses contemporary human centered design, artificial intelligence, and scalable engineering methods to enable our teams to scale with the exponential growth of our business. We are highly cross-functional, working closely with patients, clinicians, designers, engineers, data scientists, operations teams, and end customers to build the best software products to achieve our mission.
In your role as a member of the Customer Experience Platform team, you will be responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of a portfolio of platform capabilities from strategy to launch with continuous, data-driven iteration. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who will be comfortable conceptualizing and driving the expansion of our platform to create holistic experiences that are intuitive, approachable, inclusive, and trusted.
We are looking for a product leader to serve as the champion for our business operations teams who will define and execute on a roadmap focused on delivering operational excellence.
What you'll be doing:
- Define and maintain the overall vision for one or more of our platform product pillars from visioning to deployment.
- Identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and accordingly drive product strategy, roadmap, and features to dramatically scale and automate core business operations processes
- Leverage design thinking frameworks to discover and prioritize ambitious user needs that can be implemented in an incremental roadmap
- Communicate and coordinate product releases, documenting release notes and leveraging A/B tests and beta launches where appropriate
- Define, collect and monitor key product metrics throughout the program lifecycle to measure success and adjust strategy accordingly
- Manage interlocking dependencies across various stakeholders while ensuring conflicts are identified, resolved, and advanced.
- Manage stakeholder engagement
- 3-5 years of experience in a product management role
- Demonstrated experience working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed due to collaborators in multiple time zones
- Bachelor's Degree
- Domain knowledge in medical genetics, other diagnostics, and/or medical billing
- Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and driving innovation on behalf of internal and external customers
- Broad product breadth and depth including familiarity with various technologies
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade offs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- High attention to detail including precise and effective stakeholder communication, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Comfortable with operating in a highly ambiguous environment where most things have to be flushed out and/or built from scratch
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior executives
- Masters of Business Administration
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.