Technical Product Manager at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is responsible for delivering transformative technology to our business operations team to improve the quality of work in those teams, the experience of our clinician and patient customers, and financial outcomes. The team uses contemporary human centered design, artificial intelligence, and scalabile engineering methods to enable our teams to scale with the exponential growth of our business.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager with previous engineering experience, who will be responsible for defining and shepherding the development of modular and scalable backend code and sophisticated human-computer interfaces. They will work to support and coordinate a team with other product owners, user experience designers, end users, operations team leads, AI researchers, and engineering leads. Familiarity with subject matter in medical genetics is a plus, but ability to speak fluently with engineers and stakeholders is a must.
What you’ll do:
- Propose innovative solutions to enable unprecedented scale and automation in a well-defined user feature roadmap
- Work with engineering tech leads as well as AI/ML scientists and engineers to create a technical roadmap
- Coordinate with operations leads to ensure an operations team roadmap that anticipates and leverages the new user features
- Drive prioritization consensus across business teams and serve as an effective liaison between stakeholders and engineering
- Work closely with the engineering organization through design, development, testing, release, and maintenance of our services to ensure quality and successful delivery
- Comfortable specifying API contracts and collaborating in technical decisions with tech leads
- Leverage design thinking frameworks to discover and prioritize ambitious user needs that can be implemented in an incremental roadmap
- Formalize specifications as user stories in these roadmaps
- Coordinate closely with users to ensure quality innovations are delivered
- Balance business needs versus technical decisions and constraints
- Advocate for transformative approaches over incrementalism
- Communicate and coordinate release of new features while promoting and monitoring adoption
What you bring:
- 5+ years of product development experience
- Previous experience with applications of AI/ML methods
- Previous experience with business process automation or decision support software
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and leads.
- Excellent organizational and collaboration skills
- Self starter with bias toward delivery and business outcomes
- Strong decision making and prioritization skills
- Experience with service oriented architecture models
- Experience in Agile/Scrum/Kanban development environments
- Aptitude for understanding, digesting, and analyzing complex systems integrations
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed due to collaborators in multiple time zones.
- Preferred: Previous experience as a software engineer in industry
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Preferred: Proven track record of delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
- Preferred: Domain knowledge in medical genetics, other diagnostics, and/or medical billin
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $100,000. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.