Technical Product Manager
The Technical Product Manager (TPM) partners with the Product Managers, Market Managers and other internal stakeholders to gain a thorough understanding of the market and consumer needs to help drive the product roadmap from idea to proto-typing through development and delivery. This role requires gathering product requirements, product feedback, prioritizing work and working closely with on-shore and off-shore development team members. The successful candidate will create detailed product requirements and work closely with the Development/Domain teams on a regular basis to guide progress, build and deliver the product.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and contributes to the product vision and roadmap.
- Partners with Product Managers and the Market Managers to understand and set the correct customer expectations regarding product/solution delivery.
- Supports business cases to assess the relative benefits of product enhancements or new products.
- Deeply understands and represents the voice of the customer for the product functionality in the portfolio.
- Works cross-functionally with the GHX product management and domain teams to translate market needs into well-defined, clear, and concise user stories. Specifies scope and requirements as well as defines acceptance criteria for those features.
- Collaborates with Development/Domain teams to prioritize development items to align with the product roadmap.
- Acts as a liaison between the delivery team and business groups by by communicating the “why” and translating market needs into clear, well defined user stories.
- Acts as liaison between the delivery team and business groups by providing clear cross-functional communication of development timelines, scope, and implications.
- Manages and develops product backlog, as well as user stories backlog for implementation.
- Works with Product Management to determine ongoing priorities and business values for functionality and stories.
- Works with Product Managers to develop high-level requirements for functionality.
- Coordinates alignment of development, testing, infrastructure, support and implementation teams for successful introduction of products to market.
- Manages releases to ensure delivery, coordinating milestones across teams.
- Tracks and reports on product status to ensure delivery dates are met.
- Monitors product performance and proactively identifies opportunities for product improvements.
- Identifies risks, issues, and problems and escalates as appropriate, proposing mitigation plans to overcome obstacles.
- Coordinates with Product Management and the Market Managers to support analysis of profitability and competitive gaps.
- Serves as a subject matter expert within the organization for support escalations and organizational education.
- Builds and maintains relationships across the organizations, with teams and individuals.
- Strong team player
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline/experience, or a combination of education and related work experience
- 2+ years in a Technical Product Management/Product Owner role within an agile environment
- Experience working within an Agile methodology and demonstrated ability to effectively operate within an Agile team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with off-shore development teams
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work well with others and resolve conflicts that may arise between different viewpoints
- Ability to assess risks, dependencies, and identify mitigation strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in leading meetings, setting agendas, driving decisions, and negotiating
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.