Sr. Product Owner at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
We are looking for a Sr. Product Owner who can fully understand and analyze both internal and external customer needs and then articulate those needs to the development team via user stories. As a team member embedded in an energetic agile team of Software and QA Engineers, you will serve as the interface between our customers and your development team throughout the planning and software development process.
You will collaborate closely with internal and external customers to understand business processes/goals and identify business problems that may be effectively resolved with technology solutions. Working closely with Product Owners and Product Managers on requirements elaboration, documenting proposed software solutions, and maintaining a prioritized backlog of issues. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Have the ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Understand business drivers, future customer needs and competitive challenges
· Collaborate with product management, development and user experience design staff to lead on time, successful scope definition and feature deployment
· Thrive on responsibility and display a drive for results
· Enjoy having fun, make things happen, and dream big
· Work collaboratively with others to accomplish goals
· Demonstrate a flare for innovation and creativity
· Have strong time management and organizational skills
· Can communicate complex concepts to all levels of an organization and customers
· Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals clearly and effectively
· Understand web and database technologies
· Are experienced with agile methodologies and understand the role of the product owner
· Clearly communicate and defend their ideas strategies
· Have a passion for product quality
· Have experience with design skills
· Are driven to improve, personally and professionally
· Operate best in a fast-paced and flexible work environment
· 1-2+ years' experience, preferably with business and data analysis for large-scale ETL or data migration products
· Share best practices that inspire everyone around them to raise the bar
· Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) preferred
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
- Located and working from an office location (when required)*
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.