SaaS Product Market Leader
PlayerLync is one of the most innovative enterprise mobile solutions on the market. We’re a growing, dynamic, team-oriented software company committed to providing best-in-class products and services to our customers. Our enterprise software solution integrates mobile content distribution and management with e-learning, digital forms and daily operational performance tracking all in one universal solution. PlayerLync’s software is used by high-profile companies to move massive amounts of files on and off devices efficiently, limiting impact on network bandwidth while mobilizing millions of employees every day. In just a few years, our customer base has rapidly grown across multiple industries including professional sports franchises, top restaurant concepts, field services organizations, hospitality organizations and global retail companies.
About the position
This position will play a key role in the growth and expansion of PlayerLync services to customers in the restaurant, retail and hospitality sectors. The Product Market Leader will own overall product fit and go-to-market strategy for these strategic verticals, including identification of market opportunities, formulation of product concepts, concept evaluation and validation, and definition of key product priorities. The Product market leader will provide support and expertise to PlayerLync’s sales and customer success teams, providing both market insight and product/strategic expertise in support of sales and revenue initiatives. This support will include substantial customer and prospect contact, and may include representing PlayerLync in various public forums, including trade shows, panel discussions, promotional events and media. In addition, the Product Market Leader will interface directly with product development resources, UX/UI design resources, and marketing teams to ensure that both product development/enhancement initiatives and overall go-to-market strategy align with market needs and strategic goals.
30% - Product Fit & Opportunity Identification: Assume overall responsibility for determining product market fit for PlayerLync’s core products, and identifying and quantifying opportunities for product development. Partner with sales, customer success and operations teams to understand, evaluate and prioritize potential product enhancements, and develop a long-term product roadmap and actionable product backlog with specific industry success targets. Align overall product strategy for restaurant, retail and hospitality with PlayerLync’s short and long-term revenue plan, and manage the ongoing valuation and prioritization of product initiatives.
30% - Product Go-to-Market & Product Marketing Support: Take ownership of product go-to-market strategy for targeted industry verticals, and act as the key point of coordination with Product Marketing resources to align on overall market approach.
20% - Pricing & Packaging: Partner with sales, CSM, and senior leadership to evolve PlayerLync’s pricing and packaging strategy in line with overall GTM and revenue goals Understand industry trends with regard to pricing strategies, and partner with sales leadership to synthesize industry behavior, buying patterns, competitive models and PlayerLync revenue targets into an ongoing pricing and packaging model.
20% - Competitive and Partner Landscape: Build and maintain a comprehensive SWOT assessment against key competitors, and identify strategic technology and service partners in alignment with key GTM strategies.
- 5+ years of product management/product marketing experience in a technology solutions domain.
- Industry experience in the restaurant, retail, food service or hospitality domains, OR demonstrated track record of mastering new industry spaces quickly.
- Adept in developing and delivering compelling presentations and demonstrations
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative market analysis.
- Experience in business case development and analysis.
- Experience with pricing strategies for recurring-revenue SaaS products a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to explain technical concepts in simple and understandable terms to a layperson
- Experience presenting to and interacting with senior leadership teams, including C-level executive teams.
- Responsible, independent, self-motivated.
- Strong presentation and demonstration skills. Strong public speaking ability is a plus.
- Results driven with focus on strategic goal achievement.
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PPT
- Technical competence in mobile technologies a plus.
- Strategic/Management consulting background a plus.
- Must be a team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes quickly in a fast paced environment