Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is seeking a Product Manager that is passionate about data-driven products to drive and expand our analytics and machine learning products within our Adjudication Program. This program is responsible for products that help our customers make more informed & efficient hiring decisions. These products include both machine learning backed products, such as estimated background check completion time, as well as data analytics products such as Assess Insights, which helps our customers better understand their hiring criteria rules through data science. In this role you will report to the Program Lead and work closely with the Lead Product Manager.
- Build deep understanding and empathy for external and internal users of Checkr, while driving product large and small advancements that effortlessly empower and delight our users
- Partner with data science, engineering and design teams to ship new, impactful features, including preparing necessary technical specifications, coordinating development activity, and tracking progress of in-flight projects
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, customers and technology partners to deeply understand, document, analyze and synthesize customer needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications
- Process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights
- Develop product strategy and roadmaps for the data products within the Adjudication Program
What you bring:
- BS or MS in computer science, electrical engineering, or similar experience
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager for data and ML products
- Experience taking product(s) 0 to 1, and/or 1 to n
- 2+ years experience as a Data Engineer or Data Analyst or similar
- Successful track record of partnering with UX designers
- Experience with usage and design of Restful APIs
- Deep experience and interest in ML products
- Experience with a variety of software development methodologies
- Strong attention to detail, with demonstrable abilities in interaction design, rapid prototyping and user research
- Strong ability to analyze, interpret and present data
- Deep understanding of and empathy for users
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An owner’s mindset
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.