We have an amazing opportunity for a creative, analytical, and impact-oriented Product Manager to join our team and operate at the nexus of technology, finance, and renewable energy. If you’re looking to build the next iPhone app for teenagers or the next SaaS product for agencies this role isn’t for you, but if you want to help build the clean energy fintech company of the future, then by all means, please keep reading!
As a Product Manager at Wunder, you’ll be charged with overseeing the design, development, and rollout of infrastructure and tools that power our fintech platform and enable Wunder to deploy hundreds of millions of dollars each year into solar projects across the U.S. You’ll be responsible for tackling some of the most complex business and technical challenges that fintech or energy has to offer (e.g., programmatic risk mitigation, large high-frequency financial transactions, distributed asset management, workforce efficiency, CX). This role demands deep domain expertise (don’t worry, you’ll work as a forward-deployed PM to get up the learning curve), technical knowledge, analytical savvy, and the ability to bring together stakeholders to drive the greatest impact for Wunder.
If you obsess about your users (at Wunder, they’re often your teammates), are passionate about solving complex problems on a daily basis, and want to fight climate change, then this is the role for you.
- A Proven PM - You have 3+ years of experience working as a Product Manager, ideally in the technology industry where you’ve been shipping high quality software.
- Technically-Minded - You love taking business problems and turning them into engineering challenges. You’re comfortable in front of a bunch of devs, you live on top of your ticketing system, and you don’t bat an eye when talking about PRs, merges, and sprints.
- Strong Product Intuition - With an ability to focus on a problem at hand while thoughtfully considering the overarching company strategy, you can see both the forest and the trees.
- No Ego - No job is too small, and you’re excited about rolling up your sleeves, working alongside functional teams, and sometimes personally “turning the crank to figure out how to build the engine.” You firmly believe that to build the right solution you have to be intimately familiar with the problem space.
- Detail-Obsessed - You love digging into data, performing user research, forming hypotheses, and testing solutions.
- You Have a Team Ethos - You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re not just excited to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, finance, and operations, you demand it.
- You’re Flexible, a Quick Responder - The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard - In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
Wunder was founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the proliferation of solar energy. Members of our team have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in private equity, developed innovative energy infrastructure solutions for the Department of Energy, and built digital products that are used and loved by millions of people. Now, we’re saving the world.
Our office is a unique hybrid of engineering, design, and business development. Although our backgrounds and responsibilities vary wildly, we’re a tight-knit bunch that loves cross-pollination! And while our mission is big, we try to keep things light. We provide a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! You’ll find us hustling on the job while also cycling, hiking, boarding, skiing, camping, and having late-night dinner parties all over our mile-high home; Boulder, CO.
SOME BENEFITS TO LOOK FORWARD TO
- • One of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world!
- • A big, bright, convenient, funky office located in Downtown Boulder
- • Flexible work schedule
- • Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and treats
- • Health, dental, vision benefits, and matching 401K
- • Equity and unlimited PTO