Product Manager, Clinical at SonderMind
SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you'll make an impact
As a Product Manager, Clinical , you will own the strategy and tactical execution for advancing SonderMind’s healthcare provider client experience. In this position, you will bring a mix of strong product management experience that includes a keen attention to detail, innovative outside of the box problem solving and creative solutioning, exceptional execution skills, and the ability to define and deliver a compelling vision that drives business outcomes.
Success Looks Like
- Advancing provider retention within the SonderMind network through value add services and offerings
- Improving clinical quality outcomes through the continued structuring and development of quality intelligence and feedback protocols
- Achieving continuous alignment with business stakeholders on highest value opportunities and tactical execution against opportunities to garner value
What you'll do
- Work in collaboration with team members to foster a mission-driven culture around quality of care for SonderMind’s clients and mental health providers.
- Partner with stakeholders from engineering, data science, analytics, business operations, and legal teams to define and articulate SonderMind’s clinical experiences product strategy and point of view.
- Grow provider retention through defining, managing and executing against a product roadmap tailored to empower providers in the delivery of quality care to SonderMind’s clients.
- Define target provider personas and develop an intimate understanding of their needs and goals in alignment with SonderMind’s value propositions.
- Collaborate with design team members to conduct user tests, research, and experiments to capture and understand real users' motivations, goals, and pain points.
- Collaborate with product managers overseeing other aspects of the client and provider journeys to design and develop solutions that holistically engage these audiences across multiple episodes of care.
- Work in conjunction with business operations stakeholders to design operational processes and controls that support the delivery of quality outcomes.
- Define, monitor, and analyze product efficacy metrics and feed learnings back into the product development process.
- Clearly communicate key product development priorities to all levels of the organization.
- Create product requirements documents and functional specifications.
- Manage project delivery and business expectations.
- Balancing Stakeholders: understands the expectations and needs of both internal and external stakeholders; taking a proactive approach to shaping, influencing, balancing, and aligning stakeholder interest
- Communication & Interpersonal : engages and listens to others; adjusting communication style to fit the audience and message. Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: focus on "we" over 'me". Team-oriented; seeking to be part of group whose impact is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Cultivates Innovation: pushes the organization beyond traditional ways of doing things; introducing new ways to look at problems
- Drive for Results: bias for action, high intrinsic motivation, thrives under pressure; makes bold decisions at the right times
- Data- Driven Decisions: strong analytical skills; comfortable applying a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to define success and problem solving without perfect metrics.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager.
- Strong analytical skills and a track record of data-driven decision making.
- Comfortable applying a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to define success and problem solving without perfect metrics.
- Willingness to be on a constant learning journey while continuously going above and beyond normative comfort levels to explore new methods and approaches to solving complex problems.
- Good balance of IQ and EQ to be able to solve both technical and social challenges.
- Experience using data and forecasting to build business cases, analyze performance and drive decision-making.
- Experience in testing, data analysis, addressing and solving problems, and strategic business process development.
- Experience with behavioral health services as an industry, preferred
- Experience in human centered design and solutioning
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Pay Transparency- starting salary for this role $100,000
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location accessible with a 100% company-covered EcoPass and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (with health and indulgent options for whatever craving hits you)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.