Director, Product Management (BenefitPoint) at Vertafore
Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that is undergoing dramatic change. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make out future even stronger.
We are looking for an innovative, technically savvy product manager with strong insurance, finance, or enterprise software experience to join our Product Management team, which is focused on delivering transformational new solutions for the insurance agency market. This role will lead Vertafore's benefits broker management systems product line. This is an excellent opportunity to help shape the future of the insurance market and to bring the latest technologies to the agencies we serve and their end customers. As Director of Product, you will work with customers and cross-functional teams within Vertafore to define priorities and roadmaps, develop business requirements, lead go-to-market plans, and execute on product performance targets. You will build features from existing ideas and also develop new ideas, based on industry experience and research, as well as your contact with customers and prospects. Successful candidates will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You should enjoy spending time in the market understanding our clients' problems, as well as partnering with design and engineering colleagues to conceive and deliver solutions.
You will serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering and work with sales, marketing, and key customers to help them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and the value of your product features.
- Serve as a strategic product thinker while driving and implementing the product roadmap for your agency-facing products
- Build relationships with customers to inform product roadmap and communicate product vision
- Set the product direction to enable the company to hit its revenue and sales targets for your products
- Bring to market revenue-generating, customer-driven software products while managing the entire product lifecycle from strategy to execution.
- Identify market opportunities through customer research and insights.
- Specify market requirements for current and future product by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Inform product decisions with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Lead, create, and launch market-leading product offerings in partnership with other groups such as sales, marketing and engineering.
- Recommend pricing strategy, understand competitive positioning for our product offering.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Ability to develop and execute a successful product roadmap with a proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Prior experience in the employee benefits industry strongly preferred. Experience in a benefits brokerage a plus
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence decisions in a matrix environment, including senior level leaders.
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job
- Successful history of delivering customer-driven products designed to create a great customer experience
- Experience in the software and/or technology product management is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MBA and/or Pragmatic Marketing training a strong plus
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America (25%).