Vice President, Procurement at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 990 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Vice President, Procurement
PrologisDo you want to play a role in global commerce?
As the Vice President of Procurement, you will play a meaningful role in driving Prologis' bottom-line savings through sponsorship of company-wide sourcing activities in partnership with senior leadership and strategic sourcing managers across multiple business units globally. You will mentor and lead our Procurement team to deliver successful sourcing of products and services offered to our customers through our Essentials platform and craft a best-in-class strategic vision for the overall Procurement Organization to deliver cost reductions for Prologis alongside improved quality and service levels.What’s needed in order to do that:
- Build and execute the strategic vision of a fully integrated procurement organization, leading purchasing, and supplier management for all categories globally.
- Deliver ongoing savings in steady state through continuous improvement initiatives and cross-pollination of standard methodologies.
- Maximize margins by demonstrating our scale and improving global discounts for categories.
- Craft annual and long-term strategic sourcing plans including proposing initiatives, expected savings, staffing needs, timetable for completion, proposed sourcing budget, and presentation to the executive steering committee.
- Partner with business leaders to resolve current and future sourcing needs, design sourcing approach, and supervise ongoing effectiveness.
- Monitor savings and define budget impact including tracking planned and achieved savings, embedding savings into corporate budgets, crafting communication strategies, and presenting overall sourcing trends and results to management.
- Evolve sourcing policies and standards over time based on emerging standard methods and new developments in real estate, construction, and logistics – this includes development of guidelines, policies, and standards for company-wide sourcing activities (certification programs, performance reviews, partnerships with key suppliers, common supplier scorecards, shared purchasing processes and policies, service level agreements, data collection and management processes, internal and external communications, compliance with state and federal regulations)
- Attract, develop, and retain talent on the Procurement team: lead career planning and development, mentor high-potential sourcing professionals, ensure adequate training is available, and take other actions to promote a positive work environment.
- Participate in Prologis-wide committees and task forces to align strategic sourcing’s input is integrated into major corporate decisions and initiatives.
- Integrate sourcing after acquisitions by assessing the sourcing opportunity during the due diligence phase and rapidly aligning sourcing strategies and practices of acquired companies with Prologis to demonstrate volume standard methodologies.
- Execute Continuous Improvement (CI) sourcing approach that identifies and executes performance improvement initiatives including: Cross-functional sourcing teams targeting such areas as TCO reductions, process redesign improvements, part standardization, etc.; Supplier management and development, including a common scorecard; Adoption of electronic purchasing capabilities to minimize transaction and resource driven activities; Integration of purchasing activities into core business processes, especially new product development and design-to-cost efforts on legacy products.
- Adhere to policies (e.g., code of ethics), regulations and laws (federal, state, and local) to ensure that the behavior of organization is honest, ethical, and professional.
Tell us if you're ready.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years management experience; 10+ years' experience in logistics, real estate, or construction industry in a large distribution center is required.
- Successful, multi-year track record in a procurement organization.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Outstanding and distinctive people leadership and management skills and ability to establish a team.
- Superior communication skills.
- High energy and the passion to craft a new approach to sourcing and to build and lead a new organization.
- Comfort with dual reporting matrix environment and purposefully take the lead on implementation of savings opportunities that affect numerous lines of business.
Hiring Salary Range of $154,000 - $192,000. Salary and whole compensation package (bonus target and RSU's) to be determined by the candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k)-retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable law.#LI-LG
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time