An Audacious Mission
Today, business travel is complex because of competing interests, opaque industry practices, convoluted systems, and bad software.
But we believe that travel is a force-multiplier for growth.
Travel connects teams to their co-workers, partners, and customers. It enables new opportunities, produces unexpected collaboration, shifts perspectives, and empowers people.
Our mission is to grow people-first teams. We accomplish this by building world-class products that make travel delightfully simple.
We believe that customer service is the entire business, not just part of the job. We fulfill our mission by hiring the best talent as ambassadors for our brand and the voice of our service. As a part of our travel team, you will help support the thousands of travelers who use Pana everyday by serving as the primary point of contact for our users.
You will serve as the human touchpoint for most people who interact with Pana. You will message users, identify and react to user needs, and perform requested research and bookings. Your work will include regular elbow grease to help improve our supply systems, technology integrations, and content team to deliver the best possible information, options, and experiences to our users. You will also actively participate in making our product better by collecting and effectively communicating user feedback to the rest of the team.
This is a contract-to-hire position with a standard 12-month contract duration and the opportunity to grow into a full-time more senior position, which affords you full benefits, unlimited vacation time, and the chance to earn equity.
What We Value
You love travel.
Any chance you get you’ll jump at the opportunity to venture outside of your local bubble. When you hear LAX, LGA or MIA you picture the destinations that these airports unlock.
You communicate clearly.
You enjoy speaking about travel, food and life. When writing you are both eloquent and informative. In person, you are articulate about your perspective, feelings, and opinions.
You are empathetic and helpful.
You voluntarily step up when others are struggling, even if the problem is not in your area of expertise. “Patience” is your middle name. You are happy when you have made others succeed.
You are detail oriented.
You are a stickler for minor grammatical errors—seeing comma splice errors in print makes you cringe, and you are never satisfied with a first draft.
You love learning.
You can use Google to learn anything and everything except for rocket science and brain surgery. You don’t need to be an official “travel agent,” nor do you have to have past experience working in the travel industry, but you are curious and willing to learn.
- Take ownership for the Pana user experience.
- Communicate with members clearly and promptly.
- Research and book flights, hotels, local transportation, and restaurants.
- Maintain product quality by vetting material produced by our content team.
- Take care of your teammates.
The Typical Day
- Research, book and manage travel for employees at some of the fastest growing companies in the world.
- Help companies organize the perfect trip for a candidate's onsite job interview.
- Battle vendors (probably Frontier) on behalf of our members to recover lost baggage, get trips refunded, etc.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- A background in one or more of the following: travel industry, customer service, or material travel experience.