Tier III Optical Technician
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Tier III Optical Technician will be responsible for the deployment and implementation of all new network builds and network augments, across multiple platforms. This qualified individual will be considered a subject matter expert, and will remotely implement and commission new network equipment as well as verify proper commissioning on existing network equipment. The Tier III Optical Technician will provide advanced technical support of the network and provide in-depth analysis of critical network issues on all platforms as required. This role is expected to mentor and train less experienced technicians.
- Provision new equipment to include “greenfield” route builds, and network augments.
- Install equipment required to install and test new services including SONET SDH, Fiber Channel GbE, and others.
- Communicate with internal and external customers, as well as assist other technicians with troubleshooting and technical questions regarding circuit operation and installation.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to solve complex network issues.
- Maintain and follow documented guidelines for upgrading, implementing, and removing facilities within a transport network.
- Partner with the other teams within the Network Control Center (NCC) to monitor the proper operation of network equipment 24X7.
- Minimal travel required (less than 10%)
- Minimum 5 years telecommunications experience with a deep understanding of SONET, SDH, and DWDM Networks. NOC environment experience favorable.
- Fundamental understanding of all protocols provisioned (GbE, SONET, Fiber Channel, and others)
- Knowledge of equipment commissioning and provisioning across multiple platforms.
- Expertise with the following vendor equipment:
- Fuji (7420, 7120, 4500, 4100)
- Infinera (DTNX, DTC,ATC, MTC, TNX)
- Ciena (6500, 5200, 4200, 3500, CPL)
- Ciena (formerly Cyan) (Z77,Z33,Z22)
- Cisco (15600,15454,15310)
- Nokia 1830
- Familiarity with the following systems preferable:
- Strong interpersonal skills to support management, negotiation, and problem-solving functions of this role.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines in high pressure scenarios.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimal supervision.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave