As a Technical Training Manager, you will help build out and drive a technical product training program. Are you looking for a job where you can help curate the learning experience of our customers and partners? In this role, you will work closely with project owners, content creators, engineers, and designers to produce impactful, modern learning experiences that are innovative, effective, visually-compelling, and engaging. The audience is customers, partners, and internal employees.
As part of the Customer Engineering organization, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences, and will act as the Voice of the Customer to help drive improvements that will ensure our customers’ success with CircleCI.
For this job you will need to have a strong technical literacy along with a strong self-starting, dedicated mentality and the ability to maintain empathy for our customers. This trainer will be dealing with very technical users and complex issues, but you’re also tasked with creating excitement and loyalty in the customers you train. You will also lead a small team of instructional designers. This role will report to our Director of Training and Technical Content.About Customer Engineering at CircleCI
CircleCI’s Customer Engineering organization’s goal is to make life easier for our customers and leave them with the “wow” experience of building and testing their applications with ease. Customer Engineering works with customers to understand their technical and business needs and requirements—from onboarding to implementation to scale. The Customer Engineering department consists of Solutions Engineering (pre-sales), DevOps Customer Engineering (post-sales for large accounts), Support Engineering (post-sales ticket based support for all customers) and Training/Technical Content. There is an opportunity for both horizontal and vertical growth, and promotion within Customer Engineering and the CircleCI organization!What you'll do:
- Act as a lead in the development of training projects, including coordinating activities for geographically dispersed teams, defining project timelines, identifying priorities, developing and revising content, receiving and incorporating feedback from partners and subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Own and administer the learning management system
- Collaborate with the team on the strategy for product training and enablement
- Collaborate with Marketing (e.g., content, developer relations, etc.) teams to ensure efforts are aligned
- Augment instructional design team efforts as necessary to develop materials and curricula for eLearning and live (classroom or virtual) courses
- Work with SMEs, product owners, and peers to meet business needs across multiple multi-functional teams
- Review existing content and other source materials to design and develop courseware.
- Own strategy to evaluate the effectiveness of training and incorporate measurement and assessment results into future training
- Offer training recommendations and innovative design and learning solutions for continuous improvement.
- Create assessments and certifications to ensure learning has occurred
- Become an authority on the CircleCI solution
- Manage a small team of instructional designers
- 5+ years experience in environments that use learning management systems and instructional design with eLearning and in-person courses
- 2+ years experience people management experience
- Ability to collaborate with and extract knowledge from SMEs to create content that achieves the learning objectives
- Experience managing customer facing education platforms and programs
- Demonstrated experience with learning and design tools, including eLearning development tools and learning management systems. Articulate Storyline strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with content development tools for video editing, e-learning authoring, and presentation tools, as well as G Suite or Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- Great relationship building skills and a good people person
- Exceptional written and oral interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), DevOps concepts, and the fundamentals of CI/CD
- Experience working with OKR projects and teams, and technical writing teams
- Experience working on global and distributed teams
- Familiarity with design thinking, UX, and/or video production
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.