Technical Support Representative at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
Responsible for providing superior customer service in support of our current and next-generation hosting products and will be expected to provide high quality support for Zayo customers.
- Answering customer phone calls and emails from clients requesting technical assistance.
- Monitoring and responding to tickets, monitoring alerts, and general inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues in a fast-paced data center environment.
- Working within a team of Service Desk Technicians to effectively and efficiently resolve customer issues.
- Communicating with shift replacement personnel on any and all outstanding and escalated issues.
- Detailed documentation of the technical troubleshooting and issue resolution within the Salesforce ticketing system.
- As a trusted advisor create and maintain effective customer relationships – with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal.
- Resolves operational issues with customers with strict adherence to the company’s Service Level Objectives.
- Maintains the technical/physical integrity of customer solutions.
- Work with management to establish or revise procedures and processes as necessary.
- Maintains an effective working relationship across internal departments by recognizing their functional objectives and keeping all lines of communication open.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all products, processes and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation.
- This position requires shift work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline a plus
- Preference given for those with technical certification(s)
- Current CCNA a plus
- Extensive knowledge of the web hosting industry and data center, web hosting services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and Quality Assurance skills.
- Certifications such as Cisco, Linux and Microsoft.
- Strong networking knowledge.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP (v4, v6), WAN/LAN topologies and protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to grasp new technical information quickly.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in an intense environment.
- Must be able to work closely/effectively with others in a team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated customer service and team interaction skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated and results driven.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave