Technical Customer Support Representative - Security at FRONTSTEPS
Do you enjoy being part of a dynamic, smart and collaborative team? Are you ready to learn and help our clients solve problems? Are you organized and customer-focused? If you answered yes, we invite you to take the first step towards joining our Technical Support team!
The Job: Technical Support Representative
We are looking for a candidate with experience supporting Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) technology products and computer hardware, excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and a track record of putting the customer first to join our exciting and fast-paced team. This position requires great communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to provide first and second tier technical support, as well as, the ability to research, resolve and escalate development issues when necessary.
- Answering Technical Escalations.
- Maintaining Best practices for technical support
- Directing and maintaining internal and external technical documentation and knowledge based articles
- Resolves and, if necessary, directs technical and customer satisfaction issues to ensure a quality support environment and to obtain maximum customer based satisfaction.
- Responsible for Third Party Vendor Relationships.
- Liaison for development and QA departments.
- Identify and help coordinate development of tools and processes to shift common resolutions from development back to support.
- Assist department managers in identifying priority bugs and enhancements
- Takes ownership of tickets through the development life cycle.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Test/Fixes to ensure that problem has been adequately resolved
- Responsible for achieving target customer satisfaction levels within the technical support organization
- Perform post resolution follow up with customer success teams
- Assists in the development and implementation of strategic plans, initiatives, and direction
- Works with customers and internal teams to resolve issues.
- Technical training and product documentation
- As needed – will be available for after-hours support for severity 1 issues.
- Some overflow assistance to level 1 support team.
- Accountable for the day to day operations of technical business needs.
- Identify technical needs and challenges in daily operations and help design tools deal with those challenges.
- Plan for an area’s future technical needs and operations
- Contribute to training and technical development of level 1 support team members
- Day to day attention to solve and prioritize critical issues.
- Work closely with Customer Success, development, QA, and Product teams, Sales, and End Users.
- Analyzes quantitative, qualitative and trend data
- Distills information from a variety of sources
- Recognizes how individual data points fit into a situation as a whole
- Identifies what additional data is needed.
- Anticipates operational issues and develops preventative measures
- Comfortable with supporting hardware and software, including all currently supported Windows operating systems, Android, and IOS.
- Makes customers and their needs the primary focus of their actions and acts quickly and with urgency and purpose.
- Able to identify and understand both problems and opportunities
- Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and create effective customer solutions.
- Capable and eager to expand knowledge base consistent with the evolution of our products.
- Basic understanding of SQL Server a plus
- Basic understanding of HTML a plus
- Proficiency with IIS web server environment a plus