Systems Engineer & Security Administrator
Ombud is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer with a strong focus on Information Security to execute on projects related to the stability, scalability, and security of our internal infrastructure. Reporting to the Director of IT, you will help Ombud design, implement, and maintain both new and existing IT infrastructure.
As a member of the Ombud IT organization, you will be expected to identify opportunities, research options, and bring new ideas to the table. Strong analytical skills, the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly, and willingness to participate in the resolution of any issues that are blocking the Ombud team’s productivity are a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and maintain secure systems and services for the Ombud organization and it’s customers
- Develop systems that proactively capture health status of various hardware components
- Keep abreast of global security and vulnerability issues that could affect Ombud systems
- Identify and implement changes to Ombud systems in order to maintain the highest levels of security and stability
- Perform routine scheduled maintenance on Ombud systems
- Monitor Ombud network security tools for anomalous traffic and events
- Practice Change Management to assure transparency and trackability of changes and their impact on the organization
- Maintain accurate asset inventories for Ombud IT systems
- Innovate, test, and experiment with new technologies, tools, and processes that will help to drive Ombud forward
- Manage physical and virtual infrastructure with production-grade stability and reliability
- 5+ years of experience in configuration and automation tools (for example: CFEngine, Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes).
- 5+ years of experience with the Linux installation and boot-up process.
- CISSP & CCNA certification
- Experienced administrator in both physical and virtual Linux environments
- Experience with managing large scale fleets of hardware including health checks and remediation.
- Experience with production office solutions: VoIP, Virtualization, Configuration Management, End-Point Management, Threat Mitigation
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to digest inbound issues, understand impact to the business, and communicate clear timelines for resolution
- Creative, high energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful
Ombud Values - IT WAR:
- Integrity: Total trust in the team; striving for what is good and right
- Thought Leadership: Mediocrity is not the fail-safe; aptitude and desire to continue learning
- Willingness: Prompt to act or respond; contribute outside of your job description
- Ambition: Self-Starter that doesn’t wait for things to happen, Focus and Drive to accomplish something great; relentless pursuit of opportunity
- Reliability: Perform consistently well; dependable
What Ombud Offers You:
- A culture that fosters career development and values working together as a team
- Employee Stock Option Plan – Our employees are owners
- Full Benefits, including: Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Paid Leave, Sabbatical, RTD Eco-Pass
- Downtown Denver working environment
Ombud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions at Ombud are based on merit, competence, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital status, military service, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We are committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive and entrepreneurial work environment.