Systems Administrator Sr. at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Commerce/Business
Travel Percentage :
10 - 15%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS is looking for a Systems Administrator Sr. to join our Capital Planning and Insights Team. As a Systems Administrator Sr, you will work with an exciting and collaborative team within our Product Group. Our team is growing to meet the demands of a growing organization, and we are positioned well to build strategic relationships with all levels of leaders across both the Banking Solutions and Merchant Solutions segments as we effectively manage the investment budget. We are passionate about our work and take a client-first approach to everything we do. There are great opportunities for learning within this group.
What you will be doing
- Implements, maintains, and upgrades internal software systems used for designing and developing a comprehensive investment portfolio strategy
- Controls user access and passwords.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve reliability and performance of system.
- Monitors usage and performance.
- Trains personnel on system usage.
- Troubleshoots server and software issues.
- Assists with recommending, scheduling, and implementing software upgrades or repairs.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends software and hardware products.
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment.
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth.
- Provides leadership for business process analysis team, including planning, performance development, and mentoring.
- Collaborates with functional teams to implement goals and document processes.
- Create process change by integrating new processes with existing ones and communicating changes to impacted organizations.
- Develops and implements department policies and procedures.
- Ensures deadlines and production schedules are met and escalates timely as necessary.
- Troubleshoots issues that arise; handles escalated problems/questions from team.
- Works with management to determine functional requirements.
- Plans and implements process improvement initiatives, e.g., ISO, Lean or Six Sigma.
- Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Recommend and facilitate quality improvement efforts.
- Measures performance against process requirements.
- Aligns improvement to performance shortfalls.
- Provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality.
- Prepares and delivers presentations/training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement, and control.
- Surveys and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes.
- Communicates team progress.
- Performs cost and benefit analyses.
- Perform other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator
- Knowledge of Quickbase, PowerBI, and Rally/Clarity
- Requires strong management, organizational, team building, technical, and communication skills
- Requires strong business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision, and executive presence
- Requires high level of understanding FIS business systems and industry requirements.
- General knowledge of financial and/or payment solutions technology including systems, applications and banking practices
- Requires expert collaboration and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner - including presentations
- Skill in productivity, planning, and workload management
- Requires solid decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and management across technical and business functions across FIS as well as client/partner organizations
- Ability to identify, address and resolve employee related issues
What we offer you
At FIS, we value new ideas and we pride ourselves on providing a wide-range of opportunities for professional growth in a face-paced environment. FIS offers an open-minded collaborative culture with enthusiastic technologists. A true partner. We are dedicated to our team members and our customers equally. We strive to create an environment to help you succeed.
Additional Perks and Benefits such as:
- Company Paid Volunteer Day
- A generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure
- Health coverage offered for you and your family through Health/Vision/Dental/Insurance plans
- 401K with company contribution and Employee Stock Purchase Program with company match
- FIS Gives Back Program – charitable events and activities to help support our local community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.