Systems Administrator Specialist, OpenShift at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Information Technology
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The OpenShift Operations Support team supports four OpenShift clusters in geographically separated datacenters across the U.S. The team is responsible for managing the entire OpenShift environment, including infrastructure components. Three of the environments are full production clusters where downtime is not permitted. All maintenance is performed by utilizing the redundancy and resiliency of the clusters. Support is 24x7 and some shift work is required for escalation management, however our operational model targets a 'follow the sun' approach. There are team members scattered in different locations in the world. We support high availability, transaction-based banking applications for many clients. Our environments are multi-tenant. The group is integrated deeply with our global engineering organization, providing feedback and recommendations for enhancements and new designs as well as being accountable for all system maintenance and upgrades. We currently support OpenShift 3.11 and are on track for also supporting OpenShift 4.x as those production environments become available.
Under the leadership of the OnPrem Cloud Director, the individual will develop and deliver operational excellence within the Cloud Operations team through cultural, organizational and technology evolution in support of the NextGen software defined platforms including OpenShift, VxFlex and RHEL. The individual will build the team's skills and work in a close partnership with Engineering teams to deliver Operational stability and excellence.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- 3+ years of experience with VMWare technologies.
- 5+ years of experience with RedHat Linux administration.
- Expert knowledge in container technologies (OpenShift)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates strong customer service awareness and orientation.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, high demand environment
- Ability to work occessional weekends and outside of regular business hours
- Experience supporting applications running on Docker and Kubernetes.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training (OpenShift Certification), or work experience.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding & ability to work in an ITIL framework
- Ability to define, document and implement procedures and controls.
- Strong technical leadership
- Automating the management of infrastructure
- Evaluate technology architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for the OpenShift technology domain.
- Ability to lead efforts to analyze and resolve complex incidents and problems.
- Software Defined networking such as Cisco ACI (Spine/Leaf)
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and related utilities and hardware
- Knowledge of storage management, TCP/IP, network monitoring and tools and technical writing principles and practices
- Effective analytical, problem solving, installation and maintenance skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public
- Manage container platform ecosystem (installation, upgrade, patching, monitoring)
- Provide L3 engineering support
- Contribute to and support the Corporate Cloud/Container Strategy by Identifying ideas to improve performance and impact availability.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.