Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the Team:
The FIS Account team supports the Systematics core and Third-Party banking applications for a large financial institution. We are responsible for the successful completion of customer business as usual (BAU) requests, upgrading software applications, and the day-to-day maintenance of software and environments to meet and exceed client expectations. The account team works directly with client personnel to ensure that all contractual agreements are met. Our ultimate goal is to ensure customer satisfaction by delivering superior products and services with the best possible user experience.
What you will be doing:
You will be working as a member of a dedicated account team to support the architecture and core deposits systems in a mainframe environment. This will involve direct client interaction to understand their needs and requirements, recommend and develop solutions, and document and implement business solutions. This role will include duties such as:
- Research and design system modules, program enhancements and modifications to existing programs or modules.
- Conducts research and documents findings and recommendations by using analytical problem solving.
- Develop technical designs that will meet system objectives and minimize the impact on operations.
- Maintain and develop on-line and batch application programs.
- Codes programs that interface with multiple applications.
- Develops complex procedural language routines.
- Provides application(s) development and break-fix support, utilizing diagnostic tools and your troubleshooting skills. Inclusive of after hours on-call support.
- Monitors, measures, and optimizes individual and combined utilization of hardware and software components.
- Assist in cross-training assignments with other team members.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for job level
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Motivation and drive to improve yourself and your team
- A minimum of 5 years COBOL experience
- FIS Systematics Core Deposits Application 2-4 years experience
- IMPAC’s – IM
- Savings Time – ST
- Customer Information – RM
- Advance Loan System
- Inter-Systems Transfer – IT
- Understanding of bank operations and the role of software development in the financial world
- Knowledge of multiple application experience in troubleshooting issues in a production environment
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.