Support Hero Manager
Brightwheel is building the first mobile platform for early education with the largest network of schools and providers across the globe. Based in San Francisco, Austin & Denver, our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. We feel fortunate to be able to build a platform with a purpose and measurable impact on the daily lives of teachers, parents, and kids.
As the Support Hero Manager, you are a pivotal member of brightwheel Support. Your goal is to manage a team responsible for providing an excellent customer experience through fast and friendly world-class support and offer creative, and flexible solutions to brightwheel customers.
This role requires leadership, technical experience, time management, and communication skills. Not only will you be directly responsible for keeping brightwheel customers happy, but you will also have a team of talented Customer Support Heroes looking for your guidance to reach their goals and grow in their careers.
You will frequently collaborate outside your function with Sales, Success, Marketing as well as Product and Engineering as you lead the Support team to their goals. We the believe the Support team is essential to Customer Experience and to brightwheels success overall.
- Passionate about providing the best possible levels of customer service and have a proven record of motivating and driving performance improvements within a team.
- Empower Support Heroes and coach on key company objectives and performance achievement.
- Coach on effective customer experience.
- Mentor reps to excellence within their role and provide support Implement and monitor efficient processes.
- Monitor and drive key metrics that ensure the quality of our service (case volume, issue categorization, and prioritization, backlog, customer impact) and advocate for the customer to drive product improvement and issue resolution.
- Report to Director of Support on team performance and KPIs.
- Motivate, incentivize, and recognize team members to encourage top performance.
- Work with Talent Acquisition to recruit, interview, and onboard new team members.
- Identify opportunities to level up; implement solutions thoughtfully.
What you'll need:
- 2+ years of experience managing a technical customer support team with a focus on SaaS application and/or other B2B technology-based products or services
- Bachelor’s degree [or equivalent combination of education and experience required]
- Experience growing and scaling a successful support team in a fast growing startup environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, time-management and high emotional intelligence
- Experience working with Salesforce, Zendesk, Intercom or similar CRM tool-building to support team workflows, generating reports and dashboards in order to help drive business decisions
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Success, Product, and Engineering)
- You identify areas where resources fall short of needs and provide thoughtful and sustainable solutions to benefit the team
- Strong sense of pride and ownership in team culture and results
- Ability to lead by example in order to create a high-performance team based on best practices
- A passion for improving the world through education
Customer Support Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Customer Service, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Staffing, Planning, Tracking Budget Expenses, Analyzing Information, Developing Standards, Help Desk Experience, Emphasizing Excellence