Support Engineering Manager
Nylas is looking for an intelligent, ambitious and energetic individual to help lead our frontline support engineering team. As Support Engineering Manager you will play an integral role in elevating our support practice to help our growing user base implement Nylas APIs with speed and confidence.
As the first Support Engineering Manager at Nylas, you will develop and train the team on the appropriate voice for customer interactions and also work closely with our Escalations Lead to escalate tough customer issues to that team and onwards to product and Engineering.
You will become an expert on Nylas support tools and ensure their configuration and ongoing maintenance. You will be a resource for all frontline support engineers, assisting them to onboard onto the team, and get out of the occasional tough jam. You’ll also help recognize and prioritize trends in customer issues and implement processes and tooling that fix them. Our ideal candidate has strong technical aptitude, experience providing empathetic customer support, the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, and a passion for helping others succeed.
- You have 3+ years in B2B Saas support experience
- You love occasionally writing and debugging code to get things done (especially Python, Ruby, or NodeJS)
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience communicating with technical and non-technical customers
- You've used APIs to build applications and/or query data
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with lots of autonomy
- You are detail-oriented and have great verbal and written communication skills
- You have deep empathy towards technical and non-technical users and thrive on making customers feel empowered
- You’re curious and comfortable with new technologies and you love learning new tools
- BONUS POINTS if you have experience working with major communications provider APIs (email, phone, text, etc.)
- Refine and document CS Processes
- Train and onboard new support engineers
- Track and report on support head count and working with the VP, CS to make sure we have adequate coverage
- Coordinating with Escalations Lead
- Organize and project manage support team initiatives
- Track and report on customer satisfaction (CSAT)
- Empathy - We care about our users and want them to be successful using Nylas
- Alignment - We foster collaboration across all teams at Nylas in order to deliver new solutions and ensure the ongoing reliability of our existing products.
- Curiosity - We understand how customers are using Nylas APIs and what we can do to ease adoption, implementation, and use.
- Gratitude - For every customer who reaches out with feedback there are often many others who don't. The time our customers take to reach out to us about a bug or a product improvement is gift.
- Promptness- We aim to provide prompt and thorough answers to all users and reduce information asymmetry.
- Proactivity - Customer support at Nylas isn't just about being responsive to tickets. Time out of the queue working on other projects is an important part of improving the customer and company experience.
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits for you and your family (including One Medical membership)
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- $100 monthly Health & Wellness benefit
- Catered lunch & Unlimited snacks
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation (mandatory 2 week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks fully paid caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours