Sr. Programmer Analyst - Mainframe/CSF/ Exstream at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
We work with a few different document composition software tools to meet client’s needs. We create financial statements, letters, notices, and insurance booklets.
What you will be doing
In this role, you will work closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget.
In this role, you will also make recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
General duties and responsibilities:
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications
- Maintains, tests and integrates application components
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented
- Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry
- Analyzes requirements, and translates business requirements into product designs
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations
- Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals
What you bring:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level.
- Advanced professional role. Typically requires six or more years of demonstrated applications development experience with at least one project as the application development technical lead on a "large" project (i.e., a project with duration of more than 6,000 hours or spanning more than 4 months).
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
What we offer you
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.