Sr. Manager, Corporate Network Engineering at Zayo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Sr. Manager, Corporate Network Engineering will be responsible for overseeing a team of engineers dedicated to the implementation, maintenance, and integration of the corporate SD-WAN, LAN, and server architecture. The Corporate Network Engineering team supports diverse product groups to provide secure network connectivity to corporate resources. This position will be play a crucial role in coordinating and integrating new business units as well as administration of network hardware and software. This is a highly hands-on managerial role where you’ll be rolling up your sleeves to drive the organization forward while leading a dynamic team of engineers.
- Successfully interact with various other individuals including, but not limited to: Project Managers, End users in all areas of the company, Department and Divisional Managers, Senior Management, and external vendors, and contractors.
- Oversee a team of engineers who maintain and support corporate network infrastructure such as Meraki, Viptela, Juniper, and Cisco.
- Anticipate and perform disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Responsible for inventory control of IP network resources and assets such as IPAM 6Connect, Salesforce, and M6.
- Support and enhance system monitoring and alerting (Observium, Splunk).
- Maintain accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning of network systems.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
- Bachelors’ Degree from a college or university.
- 10+ years of systems administration of various network software and hardware platforms.
- Previous experience supervising employees in a team-oriented workplace.
- Proven interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
- Industry recognized training in systems and network administration.
- Strong understanding of routing and network protocols and architectures (BGP, OSPF, VLANs, SD-WAN).
- Network security experience.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave