Sr Information Security Specialist at IHS Markit Digital
The focus of this role will be primarily on implementation of Detection Strategy and automation of security response workflow in SIEM. You will mentor and guide junior members of the security team and partner with stakeholders across Information Security and other IHS Markit teams to deliver solutions that harden and increase visibility across IHS Markit’s security posture.
Emphasis will be on the following objectives:
- Integrating SIEM solutions (Azure Sentinel & Splunk) with identified sources for security logs and alerts. Create alert rules and analytics for detection of various the threat activities.
- Create innovative solutions to automate and improve threat detection times and increase security monitoring coverage.
- Create log and security telemetry collection pipelines using serverless and streaming technologies to parse, enrich and proactively analyze security events
- Partner with the Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC), offensive security operations and threat intelligence teams to onboard new services for the purpose of detection and prediction of events
- Manage product enhancement / feature requests with vendors as needed
- Create documentation and other material for effective collaboration between various InfoSec stakeholders.
- 7+ years of experience in SIEM engineering and security detection roles with proven success mentoring team members and influencing strategic direction.
- Thorough understanding of security requirements, best practices and execution in various cloud implementation scenarios: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Experience working with host-based controls in a large, decentralized environment such as anti-virus/anti-malware, host-based IDS/IPS and digital forensics tools
- Ability to create and aggregate security data engineering pipelines to collect various logs across multiple accounts and environments
- Strong architectural and business analysis knowledge highly desired – able to work with project management resources to define and commit work to an agile iteration
- Security engineering expertise in a public cloud provider: Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Expertise in scripting language on Windows and Linux-based operations systems. (Python is primarily desired)
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technologies and the ability to apply those technologies to business needs
- An advocate and a mentor – you can teach junior and senior members of the team and are willing to contribute to cloud security thought leadership throughout IHS Markit
- A naturally curious self-starter - you can deliver on requirements with some limited guidance or supervision, as needed by you and the team
- A relentless learner - you actively seek to add to your skillset and knowledge base while challenging the status quo to drive efficiency in the team
- Strong interpersonal skills – you can communicate with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams
- Insist on the highest standards within the team and actively share your perspectives with the team and the larger information security organization
What we offer:
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Participation in conferences and training for Information Security qualifications
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us during the interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can and in accordance with local and regional practices.
We are over 16,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what’s next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world’s most influential companies. You’ll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.