Sling Work-At-Home Customer Experience Representative - Part Time at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Our Sling Customer Experience Representatives answer inbound technical and customer service calls relating to entertainment services and products, hardware systems/accessories, and customer service inquiries regarding technical support, billing, and general information requests.
Essential Job Functions
The work environment characteristics and duties described here include, but are not limited to, those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job, in accordance with the ADA and applicable state/local law.
- Provide quality technical and customer service through one-call resolution and establishing long-term customer relations.
- Assist customers with technical questions regarding installation, troubleshooting, and hardware operation.
- Perform more than one task at the same time under time constraints and quickly switch between and/or change tasks.
- Accurately respond to questions regarding billing and payments, including accepting payments from customers.
- Assist DISH to determine call types, failure trending, and/or diagnostic improvements to provide a higher level of customer service, performance, and efficiency.
- Interpret and execute on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, and/or schedule form.
- Regular and predictable attendance, with the ability to work a minimum of ten (10) hours per week or forty (40) hours per month, as well as variable shifts including holidays and weekends.
- Meet all of DISH’s performance expectations, including but not limited to, satisfying all call center metrics, productivity standards, and goals.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
Read and interpret documents such as operating/maintenance/procedure instructions and safety rules.
- Write routine reports and business correspondence.
- Speak effectively before customers or employees of the organization whether individually or in groups.
- Operate efficiently between multiple computer applications and be proficient with Windows 7 or higher.
- Effectively interact with all levels of organizational staff and company personnel.
- Excellent presentation/facilitation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, written/oral communication, and customer service skills.
Work At Home Technical Requirements:
Hardware & Internet Minimum Specifications
It is the responsibility of the employee to meet and maintain the technology requirements in good standing. This includes connectivity and keeping hardware in good working condition. DISH recommends you check the computer you plan to use for work to ensure it has all video and USB ports to connect the required devices. All costs to meet and maintain these requirements, including repairs, Internet/ISP and mobile charges, are the responsibility of the employee and are not reimbursed by DISH, except where required by law.
- Desktop or laptop with Microsoft Windows
- Apple/Mac, iOS, Chromebook, Android, and custom-built PCs are not supported
- Less than 7 years old
- Intel or AMD 64-bit processor
- Minimum 4 GB RAM
- USB port dedicated for flash drive use
All accessories must be wired without use of adapters, docks or dongles
- Two displays, one must be at least 19”
- Web camera
- Noise cancelling USB headset that is not Bluetooth (Jabra BIZ 1500 or Sennheiser SC60 recommended)
- Keyboard and mouse
Home Internet Requirements
- Cable, DSL, or Fiber ISP – satellite and fixed wireless are not supported
- Stable internet connection with no packet loss
- Wired Ethernet between modem and PC without use of an adapter: Wi-Fi / wireless is not supported
- Minimum internet speeds: 7 Mbps download, 1 Mbps upload
Mobile Device Capable of
- Placing and receiving calls and SMS messages
- Access to video camera
- Access to either Google Play or Apple Store
DISH will make every effort to determine compatibility with our systems, but due to the variation of each user’s workstation we cannot guarantee operability.
Data and Usage Caps
SLING prefers that At Home agents do not have bandwidth or data cap on Internet usage (caps lower than 250GB are not recommended). At Home agents are responsible for managing their data usage in a way that does not impact ISP connectivity, and they will be responsible for paying any overage charges associated with exceeding a cap.
At Home agents are expected to have 99% uptime.
Home Environment and Work Space
Agents need to have a dedicated workspace as the home office (preferably a separate room) and are responsible for maintaining the workspace in a safe condition, free from hazards and other dangers to people and equipment. Since At Home agents will assist DISH customers over the phone, personal disruptions such as but not limited to children playing, dogs barking, loud music, and non-work-related phone calls are not allowed during scheduled hours. Additionally, dependent care and other family obligations cannot interfere with job duties.
DISH reserves the right to inspect At Home workspaces to ensure business requirements are met. It is essential that At Home agents agree and understand that such inspections are necessary to ensure continuity of DISH’s business and excellent standards of customer service.
At Home agents will be members of a larger virtual team, with support from a supervisor. There will be additional resources available such as help desks and online tools. This is a structured environment and At Home agents are provided a schedule they must adhere to.
We need driven individuals who can adapt as we continue to grow and who are motivated to advance while taking on new responsibilities. We love to promote employees from within and have several career path opportunities to choose from!