Senior Leave Specialist at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the role
Angi is looking for a Senior Leave Specialist to join the People Operations team. This is a new role and will partner closely with the current Leave Administrator to manage the leave and accommodation review processes needed to support our employees.
What you’ll do:
- Provide exceptional customer service as you help employees navigate various leave situations, being sensitive to unique circumstances which in many cases could be an exciting and/or difficult time in their lives.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the leave, ADA accommodations, PHE (COVID), and workers’ compensation programs.
- Effectively manage cases in our Leave of Absence system (Presagia) and HRIS (UltiPro).
- Independently approve or deny leave cases based on relevant medical information.
- Coordinate and organize all medical information and ensure that employee privacy guidelines are closely monitored and executed.
- Interpret and administer leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, PHE, etc.).
- Ensure that the workers’ compensation cases are managed in accordance with applicable OSHA and workers’ compensation laws.
- Produce and manage reporting metrics and analytics for leave cases, accommodation cases, and workers’ compensation claims.
- Partner closely with HRBPs and Management on all workspace accommodation requests. Meet regularly to review the status of cases/claims and develops legally sound strategies for a mutually beneficial resolution.
- Assist with basic employee benefits questions.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- 2+ years experience in leave administration.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and manage competing priorities with various deadlines.
- Ability to analyze information to determine appropriate course of action while dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to identify basic problems / procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Working knowledge of applicable employment laws (i.e. FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, Workers’ Compensation, PHE, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite and web-based applications, as well as the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, stay organized, and to learn on the fly to keep up with our fast-paced environment.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- A commitment to top-notch customer service, follow-through, and professionalism.
- Ability to quickly build relationships and trust with employees at all levels
- Completion of specialized certification or training on FMLA/leave administration a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $55,000-$70,000, commensurate with experience and performance.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world