Senior IT and Data Analyst at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
Zayo Group is looking for a Senior IT Audit and Data Analyst to be part of the Internal Audit function. The position reports to the Sr. Director of Internal Audit and is based in our Boulder or Denver, CO office. We are looking for someone who is a high-functioning team player with the ability to proactively identify areas of risk/process failure, build relationships with process owners, and perform hands-on, detailed audit work. The candidate should be extremely motivated, a self-starter, looking for opportunities to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of IT engagements throughout the organization to include IT general and application controls, service organization controls, etc.
- Act as subject matter expert on risk and controls when liaising with the business, providing a framework and guidance for system implementation, migrations, business process improvements, etc.
- Evaluate the design and effectiveness of internal controls through the performance of audit testing and preparation of organized workpapers that support audit findings
- Perform value-added operational reviews of business processes, conduct and lead in-depth research and analysis for special projects
- Proactively manage assignments, develop recommendations, and effectively communicate audit results to management
- Work effectively with external consultants and auditors to support their audit and review procedures
- Actively foster positive working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- 3-5 years in a relevant role
- BA/BS degree required, CPA or CIA designation a plus
- Experience in technology / telecom industry a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often on multiple projects simultaneously across different functional groups with minimal day-to-day guidance
- High degree of professionalism, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective critical thinking, attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Thorough understanding of the COSO framework and International Standards for the Professional Practice Internal Auditing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave