Senior Director, Events (Remote)
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 28 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is looking for a Senior Director, Events to lead the strategy and execution for all of our internal and external events. This role will be responsible for propelling Guild’s global brand by crafting, driving, and leading incredible experiences for all of our audiences.
Guild events require tight coordination across the functions within our business. We're interested in someone who can collaborate with internal partners to craft, develop and operate incredible live events that will blow our community away. It is critical that this person is willing to implement tasks both large and small. Our ideal candidate has also run a diverse portfolio of major live events.
The Senior Director, Events will lead a team of events professionals in producing all facets of events from concept to strategy. You will lead the build of assets & promotion, own critical metrics (before, during, and after the events), and lead the initiative to build our company events calendar.
- Advise the overall strategy and conceptualisation, development, planning, and execution of innovative, outstanding events
- Manage and mentor the events team to ensure training, day-to-day management, and support for their growth and development
- Lead and maintain a budget and build relationships to ensure the best and most cost efficient pricing
- Led the effort to raise the standard for the ideation, planning, production and execution for our in-person events
- Oversee a variety of partners to ensure an outstanding experience for our audiences
- Collaborate across the organization internally to identify and solidify Guild’s perspective on event direction
- Identify trends and opportunities in the market that could be demonstrated and used by Guild’s events team
- Gather market and customer insights to establish activities strategy and approach; research, recommend and execute experience-led initiatives to support our brand positioning.
- As needed, coordinate and handle site selection, concept creation, business targets and goals, content and messaging, staffing and overall logistics.
What You’ve Done And Enjoy Doing:
- Extensive and proven experience producing in-person events, concept, planning, production, execution, and reconciliation
- Proven success in leading, training, and managing a strong team
- Success in onsite management of events
- A deep understanding of and passion for Guild’s mission and existing community and the passion to help grow our audiences over time
- The ability to partner and communicate effectively with various collaborators and teams.
- The ability to work on multiple marketing events/activities that require both strategic thinking and high-speed tactical execution.
- Ability to travel and have a flexible schedule as the need arises by the event portfolio
- Highly organized and meticulous, with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask with various partners
- Self-motivated and strategic with a drive for excellence; always looking beyond the available options when up against roadblocks
- A strong contributor in a high-growth environment, no task is too big or too small.
- A self-starter with a strong intuition for business and the ability to supervise the return on investment of events and campaigns.
- Creatively looking for new ways to make the event engaging, highly personal and always setting the standard.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $190,000- $220,000, variable compensation eligibility, as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions fcan be requested for medical or religious reasons.