Retention Associate II - Merchant at FIS
Worldpay from FIS is making payments smarter, faster, and easier for all our partners, as well as the consumers they serve. From the largest retailers in the U.S. to the coffee shop down the street, we are leading the transformation in payments through chip-enabled cards, mobile wallets, eCommerce, and payment solutions for businesses of all sizes. We are the fastest growing payments company in the U.S., visit Worldpay from FIS.com for more.
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate, and above all fun.
Worldpay from FIS growth is on the backs of every single team member--it is individuals working together to make success happen. By leaving no rock unturned, we can find new opportunities for continued growth everywhere. Worldpay from FIS Client Engagement & Retention team is comprised of master creative problem solvers that are experts in product, pricing, and value-added services with the aim of delivering a seamless merchant experience. We take nothing for granted and accept that every day is a new chance to make a rewarding impact.
About the Team
The Client Engagement team is rooted in relationship building that focuses on cultivating lasting relationships with our customers, colleagues, and communities. Our Vision is to elevate and enhance engagements with an overarching focus on providing the greatest customer experience with every interaction. We operate in a fast-paced everchanging environment that requires attention to detail and creative solutioning. Creating value through products, services, education, and issue resolution is our focus. We bring exceptional value to our customers and our partners by offering a powerful combination of service, technology, reliability, and trust. Consistent engagement with our customers delivers an experience that enables businesses to thrive and succeed in the ever-changing payments world.
What you will be doing
You will be striving to make a positive revenue impact across all lines of business, while providing merchants a best-in-class customer experience. Reducing attrition and turning negative circumstances into a positive experience with our merchants and getting ahead of any potential flight risks. This role requires a strong emphasis on building trust and rapport with an assigned book of business to establish intrinsic value with all our relationships.
- You will work with our existing merchants on upselling the company's products and or services
- You will review the accounts holistically and identify new opportunities for our merchants to improve the way they accept their payments
- Providing a best-in-class merchant experience is a key component of this role
- Establish future merchant projects and qualify new opportunities
- You will work closely with Internal Departments and oversee the day-to-day relationship with the merchant
- Accepts and completes assignments with open, cooperative, positive, and team-oriented attitudes
- You will be a key component in establishing strategic proactive & reactive marketing campaigns
- Sells the company's products, systems and/or services via telephone (inbound and/or outbound) or electronic means to customers in assigned portfolio or individual accounts.
- Acquires and applies in-depth technical knowledge of products, systems, and services.
- Responsible for renewing, expanding, and closing of contracts for assigned portfolio or account.
- Responsible for client satisfaction, maintaining client communication, overall management of the relationship and client retention activities.
- Increases sales for assigned portfolios or accounts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's various products and maintenance contracts.
- Educates customers on the best business practices and associated contractual implications.
- Ensures customer awareness and understanding of applicable product elements.
- Renegotiates rates and fees resulting in an extended contract when appropriate
- Review and analyze merchant statements to provide proper rate review and rate guidance to merchants
- Responsible for proper pipeline management within CRM tools
- Responsible for taking inbound queue calls and making outbound calls
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
What you bring
- 1-2 years sales/negotiation/problem solving experience
- Strong mathematical skills required
- Ability to handle and diffuse difficult conversations with respect, sureness, and courtesy
- Computer Skills- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Outlook, and overall computer literacy
- Ability to understand and calculate with percentages
- Critical thinker and adaptability
- Able to follow through and maintain merchant contact and keep merchants informed on next steps
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Requires good working knowledge of FIS systems as well as the industries in which FIS competes for business
- Ability to understand and apply concepts
- Ability to handle projects commensurate with job expectations
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
- Knowledge of FIS products and Services
- Organizational and time management skills required
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Broad knowledge of FIS products and related services; in-depth knowledge of products and services for which team(s) provide support
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Some flexibility of hours is required
- All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Additional Bonus if you have
- A minimum of 1 year's sales experience.
- Merchant services or industry-related experience.
- Account management experience
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential (upon entering a full sales executive role)
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$15-23. This position may be eligible for bonus and/or commission.
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.