Guild is hiring a Reimbursement Operations Specialist - Spanish Speaking to be a critical member of the Reimbursement Operations team, supporting our students and employer partners with tools, guidance, and processing support to ensure our students receive their education reimbursements in a timely manner. Your day-to-day responsibilities include ensuring accurate and on-time processing of requests, providing quality customer service which leads to high student and client satisfaction, as well as partnering with cross-functional colleagues to drive continuous improvements.
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by taking on a cross-functional role that will expose you to the ins and outs of Guild, showing initiative by solving unique problems across our student operations reimbursement team, and participating in the development of new processes to improve key outcomes.
As a Reimbursement Operations Specialist - Spanish Speaking you will:
- Review student reimbursement requests for completeness and accuracy, including entering comments and notes to document accounts and provide an audit trail.
- Directly engage with and supporting students who call in or submit a ticket to resolve their issues and connect them to the correct next steps
- Coordinate with team managers and employer partners for escalations, questions, quality assurance.
- Connect with Enrollment, Student Services, Finance, and Enterprise Sales/Client Success teams to collaboratively solve problems and identify process improvements that will improve the overall student experience
- Identify strategies and opportunities for process improvements
- Ask the questions that will help you help the team continuously improve our outcomes
- Support special projects as they arise (e.g., employer scholarships)
In addition to working on the Reimbursement Operations team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Eric Doty (Director of Finance), Chloe Rittenhouse (Director, Marketplace Operations & Payment Strategy), and Vinay Shankar (Associate Director, Product Operations, Payments).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Fluency in both written and verbal Spanish communication
- Passion for higher education and our mission
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1-2 years experience in a customer service or operations role
- Empathy and understanding which you bring to our students, employers, and team mates
- Self starter with demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, while managing multiple work-streams in a fast-paced, evolving work environment
- Ability to successfully navigate in a dynamic, cross functional and changing environment
- Professionalism and maturity, inspiring confidence to be the face of Guild to students and partners
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy internally and externally
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh and recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.