Quality Support Analyst at Angi (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the team:
We are looking for a passionate Quality Support Analyst to join our Product Escalation (PE) team. Our PE team troubleshoots end-user reported software issues for external and internal Angi applications. The role will be responsible for triaging reported product issues and working with product and engineering to get product issues fixed based on impact and urgency. This role will also provide valuable context and information to help product managers and software developers quickly understand a customer problem and quickly bring it to resolution. Our PE team has a direct impact on the effectiveness of our company’s products and software and how homeowners, service professionals, and employees use them!
What you’ll do:
- Rapidly triage and prioritize reported software issues as they are submitted.
- Escalate severe issues to ensure they get rapid attention to fix. Ensure that outages are communicated to the affected business areas or company.
- Proactively identify unreported software issues.
- Create and execute database queries, use monitoring and tracking tools, and apply critical thinking to research issues.
- Partner with individuals and teams like Software Engineering, Product, Quality Engineering, Operations, and business teams to understand and diagnose reported software problems.
- Remain focused in driving the resolution of issues through the appropriate channels and team members, based on issue priorities.
- Provide best in class customer service to internal customers on escalated application questions and issues.
- Identify and report trending software quality issues to management.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Angi products as they change over time in our continuous-delivery environment.
Who you are:
- Passionate & curious problem solver: someone with critical thinking mentality
- Quantitative and pragmatic: you have a data-driven approach to making decisions
- Biased for action: you make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly optimizing for learning
- High ownership: takes pride in your work, has a sense of urgency, and perseveres through difficulty to deliver high-quality results
- High initiative: An ambitious go-getter who takes initiative and over-delivers on promises
- Excellent communicator: ability to clearly communicate and evangelize software defects within and beyond the department
- Teamwork & positive attitude: works collaboratively with a positive, can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is preferred, or comparable proven technical ability or experience
- Minimum of 2 years recent, hands-on application support or quality engineering experience
- Knowledge of database query languages (MySQL, MSSQL is a plus)
- Strong technical skills
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $50,000 - $75,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world