Managed Service Operations Analyst at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you bring:
- Financial Market industry experience a plus
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software is essential
- Ability to multitask
- Microsoft office literate (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills/personality for client interaction
- The candidate should ideally be able to work effectively in a high-pressure environment requiring elite level organization, and multi-tasking within time sensitive parameters.
- Flexibility to work within the business hours of 7a.m. and 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
What you will be doing:
As a Managed Service Operations Analyst, you will work with various exchanges and clearing brokers on trade clearance and allocations and communicate with other operational teams to resolve and settle margins and cash breaks. You will also start to form partnerships with sales, trading, CSR's, and operations to ensure a smooth clearing process from front to back.
- Perform end of day checks to ensure trade and position reporting is accurate
- Forge excellent working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Calculating pnl and unrealized pnl to resolve trade and position breaks
- Basic understanding and OTC cleared products
- Become familiar with regulatory requirements around client margining and trade allocations.
- Understand the average price and allocation process as well as both variation margin and initial margin requirements
- Monitoring of first notice, last trading dates, exercise and assignments, deliveries, open interest, and various other lifecycle events to ensure both client and exchange are congruent and operating in a fashion that is compliant with the regulatory landscape.
- Coordinating and communicating technical issues with client services, Trade management, IT, business change, and external clients to ensure trade flows are strategically robust and in accordance with exchange regulations.
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.