Founded in 2015, Automox is coming off its fourth quarter of record growth that has seen its platform become the most recommended solution in endpoint security and the preferred endpoint management solution for over 1,500 customers across 30 countries. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware, and applications that need to be maintained, updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem for millions of endpoints.
The Factory team is charged with building internal tools as well as serving as the primary content creation center for Automox Worklets (https://www.automox.com/features/automox-worklets). The team utilizes skill sets from various backgrounds to continuously iterate on and introduce new functionality with the intent of simplifying use cases/processes for stakeholders across the organization. This team’s primary goal is to enable focus on day to day responsibilities by removing otherwise intrusive obstacles.
As a Mac Senior Systems Engineer for the Factory team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Designing, authoring, and maintaining Automox Worklets (https://www.automox.com/features/automox-worklets) that interact with and configure Windows, Mac, and Linux devices
- Write clean, reusable code adhering to best practices (and contributing towards continuous improvement of those practices)
- Define, implement, and maintain quality pipeline which upholds the highest of standards for Automox approved Worklets
- Work with team members to ideate, prioritize, and implement new worklets and functionality that set us apart from the competition. This includes but is not limited to the implementation of: Command line interfaces, Worklet helper functions, Enforcement strategies, Worklets as a solution to Software Deployment and Configuration Management
- Work directly with customers at the escalation of Customer Success Engineers to gather requirements and author custom worklets
- Advocate for customer use cases and perspective to various stakeholders across the Automox organization
- Act as an internal SME for all things related to Enterprise Endpoint Management
- Have a self-driven attitude - able to own problems and deliver solutions
- Collaborative in nature, with partners across different functions (engineering, product, design, support)
- Highly communicative to understand customer needs and regularly align with your team and partners
- Willing to expand current skill-set to contribute and improve other areas of the platform
- 5+ years of experience in Systems/IT Engineering, Administration, and/or Software Deployment/Management
- Advanced proficiency in PowerShell, Bash, or similar languages
- Previous experience with endpoint management tools e.g System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM/MEMCM), Jamf (Jamf Pro), Chef, Puppet, Ansible and similar tools.
- Specific experience in Software Deployment and Configuration Management is desired
Automox aims to be an employer of choice and we know that means offering a comprehensive compensation package to support our employees. Our packages include base salary, bonus, equity, and benefits for all full time permanent employees.
BENEFITS: Healthcare options through Cigna and Guardian including Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Basic STD & LTD, HSA, FSA, 401(k) and more. Automox has a generous employer contribution towards all health plans with low premiums for all employees.
PARENTAL BENEFITS: Adoption benefits, Parental leave
TIME OFF: We have a flexible PTO policy with an additional 9 paid holidays.
PERKS:Monthly internet and wellness stipend, money to set up your home office, and no commute.
SALARY:Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the position we are hiring for. The ranges are wide to leave room for variability in a candidate's skills, experience, and location all which impact where someone might come in on the range. $90,000 - $120,000
BONUS:All employees are part of our Company bonus plan. Our bonus is a mix of company performance and individual contributions.
EQUITY:We’re all in this together and everyone should have a stake in the company which is why all employees receive stock options.
We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : USA the world is changing so are we, Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.