Jr. IP/WANs Engineer at Zayo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
Zayo’s IP Engineering team consists of highly motivated technical professionals who are responsible for all IP solutions implemented on Zayo’s Tier 1 international network. The IP Engineering team lives in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused environment. Team members are self-motivated individuals who strive to exceed both group level and company level objectives and goals.
Ideal candidates will possess working knowledge of Layer 1-3 networks including STP, fiber, optics, CAT5/CAT6, VLANS, MPLS/VPLS, BGP, OSPF, ISIS. Troubleshooting experience in a NOC environment or customer support role is a plus..
- Engineer is responsible for managing and completing engineering tasks as assigned in a timely manner. This position will focus on new service engineering projects. As the engineer learns the new service role and increases productivity, additional opportunities to work on infrastructure engineering projects will be available.
- Engineer will be expected to communicate with multiple groups and organizations. Communication also includes proper and complete task management within the internal Zayo workflow system.
- Engineer will be responsible for creating and updating documentation and drawings. Candidate should have strong MS Visio and written skills.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years industry experience.
- Understanding and experience of layer 2/3 network protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave