IT Architect Senior at FIS
The world of finance moves fast. At FIS, we're faster. Our teams are empowered to learn, grow, and make an impact-in their careers and communities. We deliver innovation that advances the way the world pays, banks and invests. If you want to grow personally and professionally, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the role:
As an IT Architect, you'll help design the foundation for how our global fintech platforms perform and scale. Your expertise will influence selecting, operating and administering systems and software for our environment that supports vital business processes.
About the team:
The Open Payment Platform allows banks to manage payments from origination through instruction management to execution across their enterprise. Our payment solutions based on the Open Payment Framework include modules for Domestic payments (ACH and RTGS), International payments, SEPA, Immediate Payments, Remittance, Imaged Check Processing, EBPP, eBanking and more
What you will be doing:
- Provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- Drive opportunity definition process working directly with clients and third parties to obtain business scope and requirements.
- Drive solution definition process working directly with internal teams and third parties to identify existing product functionality available to meet client business requirements and to identify where functionality gaps exist in meeting client business requirements. Work with internal teams or third parties to determine options to close functional gaps.
- Develop and document appropriate solution deliverables to meet client business requirements based on current product functionality available, options to close functional gaps identified and professional serves required to implement appropriate solution design.
- Participate or support, as required, the creation and packaging of proposals and/or statements of work for client presentation
- Interact directly with vendors and other organizations where appropriate to evaluate third-party vendor opportunities and solutions.
- Current and Target state Technology / Application / Business process analysis and Visio diagrams and documents as per specified architecture guidelines.
- Should be able to communicate independently with internal and external stakeholders for project assignments
- Good inter-personal and team management skills
- Work on process design / functional design - current state and target state architecture diagrams - including functional specification, technical specification and solution documents.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, and/or work experience;
- Strong knowledge of Core Java (JDK 7/8), JEE (EJB, JSP, MQ), Maven, SVN or GIT, Hibernate, SQL, REST, and XML;
- Strong understanding of Application servers, Oracle, Dockers, Kubernetes, Kafka, Cloud technologies
- Strong Understanding of the SDLC lifecycle in Application development - specifically for a Banking/Financial Services client or product
- Strong understanding of infrastructure design, data model and application / business architecture
- Minimum of 12 years overall experience with 4 years as an IT Architect.
Added bonus if you have:
- Expert knowledge of Core Banking, Financial Services including exposure on Banking products / applications
- Good understanding of Banking and Financial Services domain terminologies and current industry trends - Client and Technology solutions
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience as a software vendor delivering to customers
At FIS, we hire the best. In return, you receive exceptional benefits including:• Opportunities to innovate in fintech• Tools for personal and professional growth• Inclusive and diverse work environment• Resources to invest in your community• Competitive salary and benefits
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.