IT Architect - Cloud / REMOTE opportunity at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
You will be part of the Merchant Servicing Engineering team working in a cross functional design role, collaborating with Engineering, Product, Operations, Enterprise Architecture and Cloud Automation teams.
- Working remote may be considered.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for architecture design across a variety of merchant and banking servicing platforms including but not limited to CRM applications, IVR / Contact Center technologies, and backend Microservices.
- Responsible for the architectural design, development, and deployment of the enterprise servicing platforms
- Defines system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms
- Researches, identifies, selects, and tests technology products required for solution delivery
- Establishes, implements, and documents the technology integration or migration strategies
- Stays on top of the industry trend and new technologies for the system architecture.
- Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. Works autonomously.
- Collaborate with the internal DevOps teams when establishing CI/CD pipelines and following industry best practices
What you bring:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired.
- Expert knowledge creating system design architecture and defining integration patterns
- Expert knowledge of open source Apache products including Kubernetes, Kafka and Cassandra technologies
- Working knowledge of Contact Center and Next Gen IVR technologies including Nuance Mix and NICE CXone platforms
- Demonstrated work experience of CRM technologies (Salesforce Service Cloud preferred)
- Demonstrated work experience designing ML/AI solutions supporting predictive engagements with omni-channel switching capabilities (i.e. IVR, Chatbot, SMS, Social Messaging, etc)
- Demonstrated work experience in DevOps implementations and applying industry best practices
- AWS Certifications:
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, 401K, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.